theater shooting, justified or not?

piper

Long Time Member
The recent shooting over texting in the theater, its the exact reason I question the notion that everyone should pack guns everywhere, tempers and regretful decisions

Well the guy did throw popcorn at him, so as his lawyer said it was self defense.

Too bad the dead guy isn't black , the shooter could join Duck Dynasty after his acquittal.

Stay thirsty my friends

264, I doubt the dead guys widow and 16 month old daughter think the questions are stupid.

I wonder if the shooter will get away with it?

The dead man's daughter is 3 years old and he was not texting her. He was texting the daycare facility. People get killed every day for stupid things. No different than road rage. The idiot was rude and wouldn't give up on texting in a dark theater. The crazy old man went to get the manager, the younger guy started ##### slapping him for tattling. The crazy old man shot him dead. Old man goes to prison but one less rude texter around.

So you're saying the guy was crazy, but you agree with what he did. so if you understand he was crazy but you don't object to what he did do you understand that makes you crazy?

I'm trying to understand how crazy wingnuts reason.

The batchit killer needs to hang, but since he used a gun he's going to get lots of sympathy from Bubba. I mean who wouldn't blast someone who tossed popcorn right?

Stay thirsty my friends

One thing my old man told me as a kid. Never mess with a man that has nothing to lose. That one will kill you. Maybe the old man was just ready to call it quits or maybe he was just nuts. Either way the texter had every opportunity to shut up and put the phone away. Tough guys get whacked ever minute somewhere in the world.

Classic excuse Glen, when are you going blast someone?
That's the part of the gangster mentality that doesn't sit so well with me, people packing guns everywhere

We don't have many blacks here so we call it Wild West mentality and not Gangsta. I will blast someone when I feel the need to. So far so good in that department and i have carried a weapon for the last 46 years. There are many reasons to kill a man IMO but texting is not one of them.

He had a god given right to have the gun.....now he can pray to god all day everyday for forgiveness while rotting in the jail cell that he deserves.

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

If the younger guy did slap around the old fart for getting the mananger. That tells me the younger guy was a bully who thought he could get away with it because of the age difference. Makes you wonder if he would have done that to a younger person of his size.
Piper the old west was not as violent as the movies make it out to be. When everyone knows that the other guy is also packing a gun and may be good with it, most people was more polite then they are today.

People who fear others for packing a gun are people who are fearful they may be stupid enought to do something that may get them shot. I do not have a problem with law abiding citizens being able to carry a concealed weapon. Would help cut down on crime in most areas and stats back that up. Not like Piper's emotional claim based on fear and anti gun B.S.

RELH

There isn't any reason to debate this, it was murder. gun owners will be doing themselves a disservice to call it anything else.

Stay thirsty my friends

>
>
>
>There isn't any reason to debate
>this, it was murder.
>gun owners will be doing
>themselves a disservice to call
>it anything else.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends
Now you got it 440 keep your mouth shut and turn off your phone when your in a public place.

>How do you know that person
>packing wont do something stupid?
>
>
>Eldorado

Depends on what kind of packing your talking about.

Are all pro gun extemists suffering from shortman syndrome? what happened to kicking someone's azz if you had a disagreement? if you need a gun to argue then you should walk away. I wouldn't tell Mike Tyson what to do, maybe this wimp shouldn't have told textalot what to do.

Maybe you can buy this guys painting to put next to your Zimmerman.

Stay thirsty my friends

That's what bothers me, people do stupid stuff when they are mad, I have seen it all my life, tempers fly, spur of the moment things happen, its easy and fast to kill someone with a gun.

I like my guns, but they are basically for hunting, I don't have any designed to kill people, not that I care if people own a compact pistol or whatever, but packing one everywhere seems like asking for trouble.

That's why I wonder about this new American Ideal of packing in the theaters, bringing them in bars, in churches, and everywhere else, its sure not how I remember it growing up.

The old west was a different time, we were a frontier, not a jam packed overcrowded mess like we are now

piper, stories like this one make the news, but for everyone of those stories, there are many, many stories where a gun saved a life that doesn't make the news.

I wouldn't be alive today if I hadn't had a pistol in my pocket one day. I'm convinced of it.

Guns in the right hands are useful tools, but who is that? this clown is a retired police captian. so much for background checks.

I'm not against CC I do it myself when I go to a big town but a clear line needs to be made here, use your gun wrong and you're toast. where is the NRA ? they should be screaming off with his head. the jerk off's not saying anything is the same as approval.

So skittles are a deadly weapon that's been determined, is popcorn too? on a white guy now don't forget that part.

Stay thirsty my friends

What it is going to boil down to is if the shooter can show if his life was placed in the position of severe injury or possible death and his action of resorting to deadly force was a action that any REASONABLE THINKING PERSON would agree with.

Did the shooter have medical problems that being slapped around by a younger or even bigger person may have placed him the position of severe injury or fear of death.

If he did not have justication for his actions, he should be convicted and dealt with by the courts. If the D.A.s office or a jury of 12 persons feels his action did meet the criteria for the use of deadly force, then he should walk a free man.

You doubters about carrying concealed should do some research on how many times a firearm just being present prevented a crime, or the crime escalating to more violence. The numbers far far outnumber the times a firearm was discharged resulting in someone's death. In fact the numbers will boggle your mind.

One reason more women are now resorting to purchasing firearms and becoming skilled in their use. The old saying. "you can not rape a 38" is very true. That is unless you are a pencil d!ck liberal.

RELH

People have been eff ups since the beginning of time. Just for that reason, I want to have a gun.

I got a concealed carry a little over a year ago. I have yet to carry a gun anywhere except when I think I may see a yote, or hunting.

However, if there is a time I think I may need one, I will have it.

It is not good in KA, and I am out there every couple weeks. Of course that is where I would feel the need a little more often than my very rural area of NM. I do have one in my desk in KA, but, it is on my private property.

Should I ever feel really worried, I would carry it, CC legal in KA or not. Big natural disaster, I am getting the hell out of SoCal as fast as I can.

How many people have been killed by popcorn? the guys wife was shot in the hand for christs sake she looks like a real killer.

If gun owners are going to defend chit like this it's just like supporting the Brady bunch because you're giving them the proof they need. it looks like our solution to everything is just shoot someone, the response so far may suggest that's right.

The NRA needs to come out now and make it clear this isn't the way guns are to be used . we don't need to know anything else to know that much. unless you're a moron , then you have an old guy using the stand your ground law.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/florida-movie-theater-shooter-may-231439017.html

Stay thirsty my friends

why should the NRA jump into this before the investigation is completed and all facts are in. No need for the NRA to make a fool of themselfs like our current president did when he jumped in before all facts were brought in.

Only outright fools or persons with an axe to grind would jump in at this point. Dude are you a fool or do you have an axe to grind?

RELH

There is a theater full of eye witnesses, this isn't Zimmermans word against a dead who can't talk. get real.

The NRA is silent because they're hoping this will pass off as another stand your ground win for them. he was old you know, and there were some unpopped kernals in that bag, deadly weapon if I ever did see one. if that happens you better not even bump an old ladies shopping cart in Walmart or she's going to have the right to smoke your azz right there.

You aren't going to hear much out of the NRA on this but you're going to hear plenty from the antis. you think saying nothing looks good for responsible gun owners?

We have proof popcorn is a WMD right here, so it definetly could kill an old man.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/chinese-popcorn-gun-16145

Stay thirsty my friends

Since you seem to think that you have all the facts in. Tell what exactly are those theater of witnesses are saying about what they saw and heard. Come on, you either have all the facts or you are a liberal idiot with a axe to grind.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom