Thermacell Mosquito Repellant?

H

HuntAddiction

DOes anyone have any experience using a Thermacell while sitting in a blind or treestand? Has it worked at reducing mosquitos? Does it spooked animals? Would you recommend it? Thanks for any info.

They are great and will keep skeeters away for about a 10ft area.I haven't used one except for turkey hunting.i believe they have an earth scent model now but either way if they smell that they will probably smell the human.I always felt that at least I could stand to be out rather than sitting at home.They only work on mosquitoes as far I have seen

They do work great for mosquitos but the deer can smell the odor. I used one a couple of years ago while bow hunting from a tree stand & i had to shut it off, deer were really nervious. I called thermocell & i was told they aren't odorless & that the odor is similar to a Persimmon tree. That's fine except there aren't any of those trees around my hunting property.

7 Mag

LAST EDITED ON May-19-10 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]I've used mine in a ground blind..... I run it for about a minute then turn it off......It seems to hold the bugs at bay for 45 minutes or so than I repeat..... I haven't seen any adverse reaction by Deer or Elk using it this way.... Terry

When I am in a blind I do the same thing as AZstickman and haven't had any problems. I run it rull time in my stand and it doesn't seem to bother the deer where I am.

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

I have had some problem with my Thermocell at high elevations. I am talking 8500 feet and above. It doesnt want to stay turned on. I have a friend that had the same problem and contacted the company. They admitted having problems up high. Other than that, I love it.

Dave

>I have had some problem with
>my Thermocell at high elevations.
>I am talking 8500 feet
>and above. It doesnt want
>to stay turned on. I
>have a friend that had
>the same problem and contacted
>the company. They admitted having
>problems up high. Other
>than that, I love it.
>
>
>Dave

Same problem here. I contacted company and they confirmed problem exists at high elevation. They offered to buy mine back, but I told them I'd give it to my dad back in Wis. They sent me 4 different older models that do work better. Hopefully they can jet the new ones for higher elevations. Good company.

I love Mine I have several of them. I use them in the marshes from late summer to fall. Only thing is if the skeeters are thick it will take a few minutes running to clear them out. Love them. I do have the same problem at above 8000feet but any where below mine all work well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom