Thermacell

muzz

Long Time Member
Anyone use these? how would you rate them?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I have mixed feelings on this one. I bought one for use in the mountians. About about 8500 feet, there are issues getting it lit. When contacting thermacell about the problem, they say that they are not designed for operations in high altitude. I tried getting it lit once up a Pass lake in the Uintah mountains. It took a while. Once it was lit, it worked great. I have used it at lower elevations, 5000 feet or less and it worked well.

Good luck, Dave

If you ever have a chance to hunt bear in Canada, and don't bring one along, it will probably rank as one of the most irritating hunts of your life. When you are sitting in one spot such a treestand, they are a must, and I have had great experiences with them. I would rate them an A+ in those situations.

+1 Greysriver . . . As long as you're not moving (ie: hiking), they work well. I haven't heard about high altitude trouble.

Woulda liked one in Alaska!

GEEZUS!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

They're fantastic when used correctly. I use one in my duckblind for early season hunting, as the mosquitos can be terrible at our place, and on days with light to no breeze, we can go without any repellent on ourselves at all when using the thermacell. It's a fantastic piece of equipment that makes warm weather hunting way more pleasurable.

After an elk harvest in the warm Sept bow hunt dates, I like to put mine on the antler while I am boning the meat off for packing out.

It sure helps keep the fly's and even the wasps at bay.

I have yet to find anything that helps keep those freaking black Wasp's away though.

Robb

That's a heck of an idea Robb. I've never thought to take mine on an elk hunt. Use it during spring turkey and bear though.

I was reading up on these myself & noticed that somewhere the company stated that these would NOT work well @ high elevations! Still going to get one anyway! I've beeen told they are WONDERFUL!

I bought one for my spring bear hunt in Canada last year. I am convinced it SAVED MY LIFE!! Those MILLIONS of HUGE mosquitos would have likely carried me off to who knows wear and sucked every last bit of blood out of me!!!

Works great in the turkey blind when I go to Kansas as well. Haven't tried them at elevation, and likely won't. But they DO have their place!!!

they also work great on an Antelope harvest on one of the very few days that the freaking wind isn't blowing you away and the fly's/wasp's are out bigtime.

I think it actually was a previous huntin' bud, the ole Marine 'Nochawk' that originally suggested trying one on a harvest to keep the fly's // wasp's away.

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom