Thor bullets?

oakbrush

I just got a pack of the.50 cal 250 grain Thors. I am going to go out to the range and start trying to work up a load for my omega. Has anybody tried them in an omega with blackhorn 209 powder?

I am going to start at 80 grains of powder and go up from there.

Thanks
oakbrush

Oakbrush, as I have no personal experience with Thor ML bullets, I strongly recommend you go to www.modernmuzzleloader.com
As I have read ALOT of reviews of Thor bullets while there. Look for posts by a guy who's handel is IIRC grouce, as in the game bird.

A second website to also consider is doug's message boards as they also have a few members there who have used Thor bullets and posted their results.

From what i remember Thor bullets got good reviews most of the time.

I have shot a few in my Omega. They were fairly accurate, but I only tried 90-100 gr of BH 209. Since they are long for their weight, they may need slightly higher velocity than shorter bullets. Just starting to try them, but am getting decent groups with the 300 gr Thors and 103 gr BH 209 in my Knight LRH. Toby bridges seems to like 120 gr BH with the Hornady FPBs (similar designed bullet), but that is too much kick for me and costs too much per shot!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom