Time For Hunting Partner

Thunderclapper

My friend drew a Montana sheep tag in a backpacking area and he needs my help. He has helped pack out multiple animals with me, never complaining. In fact his attitude is so good that the "work" part of the hunt is fun.

We all have limited time, so how much of this resource do I devote to a good friend on an out-of-state once-in-a-lifetime trophy backpack hunt? Do I take time out of a hunt I had planned with my 13 year old? How hard would you strain the resource of time for this type of opportunity?

Wow, you are probably the only one who can answer this question, as it is not an easy one. Can you swing 2 hunts this year, the bighorn and your 13 year old daughters' hunt? If so, maybe you should just not hunt yourself and focus on those two. You could leave the scouting to your friend and be there on the hunt to help him locate a good one and pack it out. You should also probably decide how long you can actually stay with him, one week...and let him know that so he can plan if he needs to stay longer.

Good luck, sounds like a good problem to have.

If he "drew" an unlimited sheep tag, go spend time with your 13 year old. If he drew a limited tag, help your buddy and make it up to your 14 year old.

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom