Time for Some Big Lopes

HighDesert

Well just got done with my bookings for 2006 Antelop and lets just say some studs will be hitting the ground here in Oregon this year.
The first lope hunt for me this year will be on the West Beatty's Butte Hunt here in Oregon. I went over there this last weekend and did a little looking around and lets just say that with all the feed and water over there. Some big lopes be roaming. I found 2 that I know will go well over 84". Then I get to head over to the Warner Unit and chase around Toby. He is a super buck I had him last year at 86+ This year he is about a inch taller and is a tad bit heavier with about another half on the Prongs.
Finally I get to guide on Hart Mountain for Lopes. Now the question is can I keep the client from shooting a moderate buck. I know of three bucks there that will go high 80's closed zone buck if he wanders out he is 91 or so. I will be keeping an eye on him. But the buck at the North End of the Refuge I have not found heard from some friends he is an absolute stud going well over 85. I saw him last year 3x and know he would have went 85 last year.

Now the fun part inbetween all of these antelope hunts I have an Archery Deer hunt on Hart Mountain, 1 Calif. Bighorn hunt and maybe 1 more depends on the gentlemen who drew the tag. But my next month is gonna be a blast. Photo's will follow in Mid Sept. Hope you all have fun and enjoy your hunting season.

If anyone drew 33 nevada there is a great buckl that needs to be looked at up on top just south of the stateline. He is a bigun.

Good luck everyone and take care
Dave

high...
so these goats just let you walk up and put the tape
on them only so you can say your goona die mr big!
lol
I HAD GUIDES TELL THE TELL!
LMAO
Rackmaster
I will stinky photos myself by 9/11 too!
lol

Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see some pics of that Warner buck! From what you say he'll score about 90-inches.

He is right there ELI. Do I think he will go ovver 90. I think he will be just an inch maybe inch and a half short on popping 90. I cannot find the other buck that is in the Warner's HE is on private and I know he will be in this same class as well. Other then these 2 bucks and 2 in the Beattys Butte area and one more on hart other then the closed zone buck are the only lopes that could even come close to 90 if they do that I have seen. 90" lopes are way to few and way to far inbetween here. GL in Arizona and New Mexico this year eli.
Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom