time of year and coyotes

scopenstalk

I have heard January isnt a very good month for calling coyotes. Does anyone else have anything to say about that? I am new to the sport i have gone twice now without even calling one in. also what calls would you guys recommend for calls. right now my only call is the flextone dying rabbit call.

scopenstalk .... PM SENT!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b546996718f2175.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-10 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]I love Kerry carver calls! The sound is great and they leave you lots of room for variations and are easy to use. google him and check out what he has its definitely worth it.
Late January through Feb is breeding season. Get after it.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Its tougher but can still be good if you find a place that hasnt had alot of pessure. Check with private land owners to call their property is always a good way to go this time of season, whereas a great deal of the good coyote calling country on public land has had alot of pressure already and plenty of wised up yotes that avoided a bullet or two.

I notice a pretty large decline in my call in percentages as it gets to the end of December and January. I think it has to do with callin pressure and the breeding season has them less interested. I typically stay on stand alittle longer this time of year and throw in more howls and yips than earlier in the year. I typically focus more on bobcats this time of year and call it quits in February until fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom