to poop in a bag or not

beavis14

i went turkey hunting with a co-worker for the first time last weekend ( no turkeys i called in two for him but he flubbed up twice ) anyhow , after he finnaly left my teet and ventured out on his own he returned with a grocery sack filled with something brown. i said " find some morels " he said no it was his excrement.......i told him he must be crazy. he said in california it is common. never heared of this before. how many guys do this ? personaly i will drive 10 miles to an outhouse if the need arrises.

I hope the bag wasn't dripping. I guess a guy would need to know how his gut was feeling for the day to know if he should bring paper or plastic I suppose?

Dang..LOL what ever happened to carrying some butt paper and finding a bush ? I thought you had that figured out at about age 10.

I've said it before and hope to say it again. I guess I can't call this response "dry humor" but this kind of come-back is why I love to be a part of all this.

CA has lots of rules. Meanwhile, any area that you can drive to and is semi wild near rural areas is littered with diapers, chicken bones, trash etc. There is a portion of the population in urban areas that are just pigs. Pigs come in all colors also.

If your gonna crap in the woods, cover it up. Normally rocks etc... will suffice to cover it up and make it so nobody else needs to see your dirty toilet paper.

Lmao guys. I am sitting at the Denver airport hiding my phone so no one sees the title of this as I type. I just came back from cali and saw no one pooping in a paper or plastic bag. I bet in heavily camped areas# 2 could be a problem. I don't camp in normal camping areas so I don't need to bring paper or plastic.

I know Dr. Pepper comes in a bottle but thats a whole different subject.

Hope it went well out there Boz! Let me know.

Actually, it is NOT a California thing....it is the Forest Service.

Depending on where you are hiking in National Parks, or wilderness, it can be a requirement. The closest example by me, is the Mt Whitney trail. A permit is required to go into the wilderness and bags are provided with said permit. The "nature fakers" seem to have no problem holding each others bag....?

Prior to this requirement, the trail, from the air, resembled a goose hunting club with thousands of snow goose decoys left out.

Me personally, I was not born with enough hands to be able to take a dump in a plastic sack, and I seriously doubt that I am asking any of my friends for ASS-istance!

I am suprised that some recent vets have not added to this, as it is my understanding, that it has been a requirement of our troops in some areas of Iraq and Afganistan.

At my age, I have what I call the
"10-10 Tango"....10 yards and 10 seconds, and you better not be in my way!

Follow me around and you will know why they call it the "painted desert"!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

I have never seen anyone carry out their excrement here in CA.
That is just BS (pardon the pun). What I have seen are numerous
white paper trails left behind. You may cover your deed with soil or
rocks, but to actually remove from the field you're excrement is both
impractical and ridiculous.

Eldorado

good info nickman. i figgure " this land is your land , this land is my land " so i should at least be able to drop a loaf or twenty maybe i should invent a nossle to put on a camelback water bag a outdoor bedea or maybe a biodegradable saran wrap as the paper would not be visable.....

This reminded me of a funny story my dad got to experience last winter.
He went ice fishing with a guy and after a while his friend went outside. All of a sudden he could hear him rattling around in the truck causing quite a commotion. After a few minutes of this the guy comes back. Dad asked him if everything was ok and if he found what he was looking for.
He replied that he had to take a crap, and did not want to do it on the ice so he crawled around in the back seat of his truck and dropped it in a plastic bag, TP went in the bag too. He tied it up and threw it in the back of the truck to take home...

That was definately the first time I ever heard of crapping in a bag or the back seat of truck...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

mntdude
Was it one of these?
Crappola.jpg

I have never pooped in a bag. It is now on my Bucket List.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Never have never will, don't care what the rules are...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Make a biodegradable plastic poop bag and watch the greenies buy um up. Set um up at trail heads like the fruit bags at grocery stores.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I pooped in a bag and tied a string around it and tied it to the rain gutter above the front porch steps and threw it up on the roof with the string hanging down. He walked out on the porch and pulled on the string and the bag swung down and hit him in the nose! LMAO! He never did anything back to me in the prank war! HA!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>I have never seen anyone carry
>out their excrement here in
>CA.
>That is just BS (pardon the
>pun). What I have seen
>are numerous
>white paper trails left behind. You
>may cover your deed with
>soil or
>rocks, but to actually remove from
>the field you're excrement is
>both
>impractical and ridiculous.
>
>

Eldorado, It may well be "BS" in YOUR mind, but I am simply stating the facts.

There ARE many areas in the West where you are required to "pack it out"......Our lawbooks abound with the ridiculous and the impractical!

A little research could enlighten you and lead you to a more harmonious attitude.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Anyone care to "pack it out"?:

Pack Out Human Waste
Above treeline, there is seldom adequate ground soil in which to dispose of waste. The regulations at some popular locations require packing out human waste due to the massive volume. These tend to be wild areas that receive high traffic. Mt. Whitney is a good example. There are waste pack-out kits available to make it very easy to carry out your waste. They have odor-fighting chemicals or natural ingredients with liquid-absorbing powder in double-bag containers. By using these kits, you take care of the last trace we tend to leave behind. It's actually good practice to use them whenever you visit wild areas.

Do-It-Yourself pack-out kits are another solution. Put some kitty litter in a paper bag. Roll the top closed and put this along with a few sheets of toilet paper in a heavy-duty zip-loc baggie. Deposit the feces and used toilet paper in the paper bag, roll it closed, seal it in the baggie, and carry it out. Dispose of the paper bag in an outhouse, septic tank, or RV waste facility - but not the plastic baggie.

Feminine hygiene products should always be packed out.

My sister invited us on a three day rafting trip down the Rogue River in Oregon over Memorial Day. Part of the trip will be through a Wild and Scenic stretch of the river. All rafters must show their porta potties to the ranger before they are given a permit.

Get up in the morning and load the raft. Don't forget the poop!Weird!

Eel

No such thing as a 10 mile drive to the outhouse for me. I'm lucky to make it 10 yards.

I was expecting Feleno to maybe know someone that has a collection of crap like bumper stickers of all the states they have been in.
I know I was jealous of his toe nail collection.

Some of those areas actually calculate how much waste you should produce during any given time out there and you have to weigh in (the poop sack) at the end of your adventure to see if you crapped in the woods or did it how they ask.

LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE BRAVE

.............NOW.................

LAND OF THE OVERBEARING LIBERAL LAWS MEANT TO SOCIALIZE EVERY PART OF OUR LIVES AND HOME OF THE BRAVE(WE STILL HAVE KICK *SS MILITARY SERVICEMEN THAT DO A FINE JOB PROTECTING THIS COUNTRY)

It was a big bodied 2 point.

i've done a few river float hunts in oregon, when you go through a wilderness, you are required to have a place to store your poo/ deffication/ #2(unless you got the runs then that would be a #1 1/2)/shitt.
the first trip had a couple of guys that were "by the book" and thought i should use their bucket, i almost did just to rub in how "they" were packing"my" chit out in their boat. once i figured out that they didn't mind that at all, i just let them know i wasn't chitting in their bucket. geese, what the hell are we turning into?

Beavis,
Your buddy is out of his phukkin mind.
They can throw my dirty ass in the klink, I sure as Hell ain't gonna crap in a bag just to pacify some leaf lickin fag.

LAST EDITED ON May-11-11 AT 05:59PM (MST)[p]Nickman, no problem with my 'tude. Just stating my opinion which seems to be in line with the opinions of the majority on this thread.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON May-11-11 AT 07:10PM (MST)[p]I'm sorry, but if there is that much human traffic, it isn't "wild" anymore. Wild is when you haven't run into another human foot print for several days. All my poop does there is add a little fertilizer to some plant.

I'm sorry, but if there is that much human traffic, it isn't "wild" anymore. Wild is when you haven't run into another human foot print for several days. All my poop does there is add a little fertilizer to some plant.

>Beavis,
>Your buddy is out of his
>phukkin mind.
>They can throw my dirty ass
>in the klink, I sure
>as Hell ain't gonna crap
>in a bag just to
>pacify some leaf lickin fag.
>

You got that right!

Obviously none of you sweethearts have ever had the ?Whiskey Sh@#ts? bag my axx?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

This brings to mind the age old question. Does a bear shyt in the wilderness? Well yes they do so it must be the toilet paper causing the problem. Solution: take one 4" X 4" sheet of toilet paper and make a finger sized hole in the center. Next insert finger in the hole and wipe your ass with your finger. Finally remove toilet paper from finger and use it to wipe off your finger. You could even brush your teeth with that same finger after that. :)

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

I hiked the Zion Narrows last July and they provided a bag for human waste. Its a hike through slot canyons down a river though, if everyone tossed a duece in there, it would get pretty nasty.

Luckily I had my coffee and took care of that at 5 am before we got on the shuttle to the trailhead.

>Beavis,
>Your buddy is out of his
>phukkin mind.
>They can throw my dirty ass
>in the klink, I sure
>as Hell ain't gonna crap
>in a bag just to
>pacify some leaf lickin fag.
>

I'm with ya Harry! :D

I drop a deuce in my lugaloo all the time...beats leaning against a tree or holding yourself up, or falling in it. They work great. Check it out...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/Camp-Essentials/Showers-Toilets-Accessories|/pc/104795280/c/104709780/sc/104569380/Luggable-Loo-Double-Doodie8482-Bags/714552.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcamping-camp-essentials-showers-toilets-accessories%2F_%2FN-1100689%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104569380%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104794380%253Bcat104709780&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104794380%3Bcat104709780%3Bcat104569380

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom