Trail cam surprize

O

ohiohntr

I can't believe the luck I had today.

Two days ago I purchased a scoutguard trail camera.

I went up in my woods behind the house and found a good trail coming out of a thicket that empties onto a "road" that I use to access the back of my property. This road is about 1/2 mile long,and I happened to pick this one spot.

I set the camera up there about 7:00 P.M. Friday night and left. I went back Saturday morning to check to see If I had pictures and was surprised to see I had 54.

I got home and pulled them up and was surprised to see most of them were of these two guys on a four wheeler at about 10:15 at night. I have no clue what someone would be doing on my property that late, or even where they came from. The direction they came from is woods for miles. I initially thought they might be poaching, but then I looked at all the pictures. It looks like they set a bag on the front of the four wheeler, then left for about 8 minutes, then came back with what looks like a tree or bush, and then did something for about another 6 minutes with the bush.

I suspect they have a pot stash growing on my place. I called the sheriff and gave him copies of the photos. He said pot around here would have been harvested last month. I just can't think of anything else they could possibly be doing at that time of night that far back in the woods. Can anyone else think of a possible scenario besides pot harvest? I walked all over the area they were at, but didn't see anything.

Maybe they were stealing some trees.

They then left the opposite direction they came, and never went back. The direction they headed only leads to the main road unless they cut off in the woods again.

I had to laugh at how perfectly the camera happened to be placed, and that they had no clue it was there. It has an IR flash that is slightly visible in the dark, but I guess they didn't notice. I'm debating weather to place an old junky trail cam of mine with a standard flash on the other side of the trail, and leave my new one where it is now, and see what happens if they come back. The cop said they could be charged with more if they destroyed something. I wish the one picture of his face is a little clearer. I tried to enhance it, but it didn't help much. Does anyone on here have better software that could make out more details?

48f1980e4f052926.jpg

48f198344f936e3e.jpg

48f198564fc74ec2.jpg

48f198b950506d1f.jpg

48f198d25076c7f6.jpg

48f1995b5141bc7c.jpg

Could be just a couple of queers heading out for a romantic evening. I would be scared to see whats in the box!

Probably some of those crazy buckeye fans looking for them nuts...Didn't see any guns so I doubt they were poaching. Hope your camera is locked up. Is your property posted? If not, you may want to.
I'm headed for CO Wednesday after work. I'll take lots of pictures for you and send you a CD. I'll send you an email about what I've heard so far out there.

Bett it was the sheriff that is why he said they would have harvested a month ago... but I am sure he will take care of those photos for you

Well I have had a camera along my west fence-between me and the Zuni Rez and what did I get a million pics of? This short fat guy and his dyke sister bumbledicking along and ultimately trespassing on me. I'm used to it with the guy. One year I caught him and his retarded brother sneaking through my fence, when I tracked them down I found there rifles hid under a tree so I picked them up and started to walk off, they must not have liked that cuz they yelled at me to come back and when I got there they were hiding up in a huge pinion tree. How he got his fat a$$ up that tree is beyond me. Anyway any suggestions on what to do about the dyke and her paint chip eating brother?

Son

If I was doing somthing illegal, and I saw flashes going of every time I moved I would find the source of the flashes and steal it if I was up to no good. I found a trail cam on time got directly in front of it a pulled my pants down and flashed it. They'll never be able to identify that face.

They do appear to be stealing some sort of plant. I can't quite make out what it is though. It could very well be marijuana. They may be taking it in for the winter so their little THC factory doesn't freeze. Yeahhhh Mannnn.

My property is posted. I posted it last year after I had a four wheeler come up onto it while I was up in a tree hanging a stand. There was 2 guys on it(probably these two). I yelled and they turned and saw me. They turned around and took off pretty quick.

I didn't think I would need to lock this camera up where I had it. It is about dead center in my property. Luckily it has the invisable IR flash, so they never noticed it.

I'm 80% certain I know the area where they are probably coming from. There are only 4 access points to the land behind me. I know people that live around 3 of those and know all the people around them. None of them recognize the 4 wheeler or the people. At the access point furthest away from me, It is a total redneck city, where it looks like a scene from Deliverance. I would be scared to go ask around there.

I might end up just putting a steel cable across the road about a foot off the ground, and see what happens when they hit it. Either that or spike strips.

I change my guess from Ace and Gary to sasquatch hunters.

Be careful with trail sabotage, even if it's your property. Somebody could get hurt and then file a lawsuit even though they were trespassing.

I thought of that too, but 90% of the plants that far back in the woods are weeds and greenbriar. There are a few small trees, but it appears to be too bushy for a tree sapling.

I've walked the area 3 times since then and don't see any sign of digging or remaining pot plants, but the area is a huge 10 acre thicket that they could have cleared a small area in and planted something.

Deliverance, huh? I was wondering why you bought that property...LOL. Don't know why, could be for work. They don't have any teeth.
You'd be better off putting a gate across it or fence it. I agree with you possibly being sued if you hurt someone trying to keep them off your property. It's always the law obeying person who gets the short end of the stick. I guess it depends on if you get more pictures of them too. Good luck with that Doug.
Dave

All I can say is that if I would of had a IR trailcam back in high school and a few years after that, I would of had some sweet photo's and probably couldn't of posted them on MM though LOL!!

never thought of that.....i gotta go get me a IR camera now!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom