trail cameras

milkie62

There are so many on the market and also a big difference in prices.I know you get what you pay for.What has anyone here tried and liked.I am considering the cuddeback.

I bought a Leaf river digital for $300 a couple months ago and am very happy with it. It has an adjustable resolution from 1.3 to 4 mp, pause time, flash, and motion sensitivity adjustments.
It's been in almost continous use since I got it and the batteries still read full charge.
Friends at work have film cameras in the $70-$200 range that don't take pictures any better than the leaf. One guy with the $70 cam has sent it back twice within the first year.
To view the pictures you've got 3 options: the biult in view screen, plug it into a tv, or, the usb port on your pc.
good luck

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-04 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]I bought a 35mm Stealth Cam for $70.00. It has worked great. As soon as I can afford it, I will buy digital. I think that's the only way to go. If I figure out how to post pics, I'll post some I got off of my camera this summer.

41bc9d597016d69d.jpg

41bc9d8470765f5a.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-04 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]I guess I figured it out! They are a little grainy because they were scanned.

I have the Cuddeback and I like it. The batteries have lasted me a long long time.It was pricey though.
Shane

i bought a leaf river from jesses for $319 they are on sale for xmas. https://www.jesseshunting.com/osCommerce/index.php/manufacturers_id/30 it has a little more megapixel count then the cuddeback and costs less. so far i like it, it was easy to set up and the flash works out pretty far. the one thing with digital game cameras is they have to wake up to take a picture and there is a 3 or 4 second delay which can miss some animals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom