Trail Cameras

OLDHORNHUNTER

Very Active Member
Need some input I have several Bushnell & Moultrie cameras out & I am NOT impressed with them . Granted they are older cameras 3 to 5 years old , but the picture quality & time between pics SUCKS !! what are your thoughts on GOOD cameras

Ah man.. no replied to this thread!.. I have 3 Moultrie M550's. I feel like they take good pictures, day or night.. BUT! they don't detect unless the animal is 10 ft directly in front of the stupid thing. So I am hoping my wife will let me get the Stealth Cam G42NG. I think thats the next one i'll try out. Seems like trail cameras are hit or miss with every brand.

I have had good luck with COVERT extreme red 40s. saw some for $105 on camofire great camera for the price.

I appreciate the input Its funny you can ask certain ?s on different forums on here & Never get input ! BUT post say a shed in some snow in Feb & it everyone has a comment or opinion !! Anyways back to the trail cam post I did a lot of research on this & here is some very interesting info I found . Several different individuals did trail camera research & Over all the # 1 camera was Bushnell's Trophy HD Aggressor # 2 was the same camera only in No glow # 3 was Browning Spec Ops FHD # 4 was Browning Dark Ops HD !! these tests included trigger speed picture re-set distant clarity etc !! I was Amazed !! Moultrie M 880 Gen 2 ... Stealth GX 45NG & Stealth G-42 ... Recon HC 500 ... Cuddyback C2 & C3 were in the top 10 Primos Proof Cam 35 was rated higher than most of the over $300 cameras !! I googled best trail cameras there were 3 different studies done that I found just my input

Yeah. I have great things about Bushnell cams. They cost a tad more, which is why I have gone a different route. But thanks for sharing the info Horn Hunter.

welcome just wish the Bushnell's I have were the good ones not the crappy ones !! I saw the Bushnell Trophy HD at Cabela's for around $160 .. Far cheaper than a Lot of the Recon Stealth & Cuddy models

I've used a lot of Bushnell Trophy Cams over the years and they all do the same thing... white-out pictures at dusk and dawn. Got sick of them, so I switched over to Covert and Stealth Cam G30's and haven't had any problems since.

I have used several different brands over the last 10 years and last year I bought Stealth Cam G 30s. Was so impressed with them I bought 6 more. I put them out in the book cliffs for a month this spring and was astonished! 70% battery remaining with 3400 shots. I got lions, bobcats, foxes, a couple of bears, turkeys and rabbits. The night shots were a little white in some cases. They are easy to use and not as expensive as some. I bought them on Amazon.

I have had nothing but bad luck with the Covert Cameras. Then they told me to pack sand when I sent it for warranty repair.

The new Browning cameras work great. Long battery life and very good quality pictures.

62408trailcam.jpg

2nd for trail cam pro. We were (4 hunters in TX) using Moultire M880s. Only issue was battery life but no failures and good pics. Did not have good luck with the newer models and everyone switched to the newer brownings and happy so far. Better battery life and again good pics. What was interesting was had same programming as the previous Moultries. Next would prob be to bite the bullet and go with reconyx but we run A LOT of cameras in So Tx.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom