Trail riding near Cody/Lowell

robAK

I know it’s off topic, so forgive me, but would like some input on some good single or two track rides near Cody/Lowell. I’m picking up some equipment in Cody Friday coming from Sheridan and would like to ride the area on the weekend. I’ve read about McCullough Peak an Red Lake but would like you guys’ input.
I’m riding a Yam TW200 so its not a beast by any means. Thanks again for any replies.
Rob

McCullough peaks red lake is outside of Cody. but you can explore the whole range. several trails to get in to go for a ride. such as by the willwood dam between cody and powell has a parking area .

For lovell everyone goes to Cowely and rides up crooked creek up the pyors. Few other trails to hit. But that leads into Montana so make sure you get the correct stickers or whatever the rules are these days.

Appreciate the reply nfh. Real busy, will be my only time to ride anything other than the big horns. have a good one

You could go check out the route up the north side of the Clarks fork and hit the switchbacks toward Sawtooth Mtn for me :)

I think they are forrest road 119 then 120 up onto the Upper Dillworth plateau and on north west toward Sawtooth Mtn. 120 goes all the way to the Bear Tooth hwy between Red Lodge and Cook City. 120 is the boarder of unit 54 along in there. Probably too much snow up high still to get anywhere near Sawtooth Mtn yet though. That guy Beau Baty took his llamas up there last year to rifle hunt the next unit south of 120. It's all in a newberg movie from last year. youtu.be/Cu4-Uiq3rCk

Not sure if they are even open of for motorized travel or not. One of the spots I'm trying to go scout this summer, but need a little more beta before bringing bikes up to give it a go. The lower Clarks fork from the pavement up is a rocky sob so know you'll be working it. Not sure I even want to try it with my WR250F after starting down off the pavement with my truck last year.

If you head over that way, let me know what you find :)

Cheers, Pete

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom