TRIANGULAR BARRELS ANYBODY?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

I see Remington has a Rifle with a Triangular barrel?

Looks funny!

Just wondering what'ya think?

Any Experience with them?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

never had any experience with them but i believe it's for better heat disapation(sp), more surface area equals better cooling. I think they look pretty cool.

I won one of those new fangled Remingtons in 25-06 at an RMEF banquet last year.
I traded it for a new SPS 700 in .243 for LR coyotes.
I don't miss it, neither does my kid.

:)

They looked kind of cool to me so I just had to try one in 22-250.
I mounted a 4x12 BC 30mm tube Leupold with Talley mounts on the little beauty.
(this would be my 5th 22-250 and they have all been good shooters)
WOW, was I ever disappointed. The bench groups were some of the worst I've ever seen. Hell, my .416 Rem mag shoots better groups.
Even with FULLY prepared cases, including outside neck turning, the groups were terrible.
I probably just got a bad one and had nothing to do with the triangle barrel but..... who knows?
The Rem 700 has always been a good rifle but this particular one sucked! (I don't own it any more)
I just bought a Rem 700 .243 so I could have the action blue-printed and a Kreiger 22-250 barrel installed. I'LL BET THIS ONE SHOOTS!

Best regards,
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-11 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]Until they make a triangle shaped barrel deresonator, I'll not own a triangle shaped barrel.... :p

Sounds like a gimmick. Kinda like a short mag or super short mag.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Many reports from people that the triangular barrels arent shooting very good groups. I will never own one as I think they are ugly.

I have one in a 22-250. Im pretty pleased with it. Ive shot several bucks and alot of coyotes with it. Shot it saturday at a target 2 out of 3 were touching with factory loads. Maybe I got the only good one.

>Sounds like a gimmick. Kinda like
>a short mag or super
>short mag.

Try again. Short mags may not be my cup of tea but they do fill a void. They can out preform standard cartriges and weigh less than a magnum. Its also has been proven many times over that a short fat case is usually very efficient and accurate. Not really a definition of a gimmick, on the other hand the triangle barrel is.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom