Tripod help please !!

muleycrazy

I have a question....I have the Swaro ATS 65 spotting scope, but all the tripods I have used are mostly to flimsy.. the setup seems to be top heavy. What I use them most for is horseback hunting and backpacking. So I need a smaller, lighter setup that is not to flimsy...any suggestions, Thx

" Just Livin' the Dream "

There's lots of great tripods available, but be prepared to spend some $$$. Check out K&K, Outdoorsman, Gitzo, Bogen/Manfrotto, and the higher end stuff from Cabela's and/or Sportsman's Warehouse. I'm currently running a Cabela's Professional Carbon Fiber. I don't know if it's the best, but with a couple minor modifications to the head, it's a fantastic tripod.

You've got a world class spotting scope, so don't cheap out on the tripod.

Money is not an issue at all. I was hoping for some feedback with real experience, looking at pictures doesnt really help me
Thx

"Do you like Apples ? Well I got her
number, How do you like those Apples !

i have the manfrotto cx190 which is a carbon fiber. it is a nice tripod, used it for 80 mm swarovski. it is really stable, but having said that if i had it to do over again i would go with the tripod that The Outdoorsmans makes. my manfrotto and the pan head is just a little heavy for backpacking. outdoorsmans tripods and all the heads are light weight and packable.

look under the optics page and see the post FatRooser and my self talked about, he posted excellent pictures.

hope this helps

phillip

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom