Trouble with Knight Company

agrvarminthunter

Has anyone else tried to do anything with Knight this fall? I requested my stuff to send my recall in and it took them several weeks to get that to me. After finally getting it I sent my trigger assembly giving myself a month to get it back after waiting a month for the kit. ( I received 2 kits in 2 days) I told them I had a hunt this weekend trying to make sure I got it back before my Oct 31 hunt and I still don't have it back. I have been having trouble with my muzzleloader since purchasing it and contacted them once and they told me to use a different brand of primer. I have done so and it still doesn't work right and I have sent them requests to contact me twice now trying to figure out what is wrong with the muzzleloader with no response or contact from them. Anyone know something or someone I don't to help with this?

I ordered a part for my Knight rifle and 200 209 discs and both arrived without delay in a week. Live folks answered the phones and fielded my questions without a hitch, maybe I was just lucky?

They claim they will still be available for warranty work. I'm sure right now things are kind of helter skelter over there with them closing up. Good luck on getting your gun back in time.

I also recieved two kits for my trigger assembly. I have also been having trouble with my muzzleloader since purchasing it, only fires about 50% of the time. Now that I send my trigger assembly I am going to mention that it is not firing all the time, to me it seems that the firing pin is not striking the primer with enough force to make it go off. In a prior post I was told that it is a thousands short and once fixed it will work, but Knight also gave him the run around!

I sent mine in several years ago for not firing all the time - they said they fixed it but it would still not fire at times until I figured out you better hear two clicks when you close the trigger - you hear one click and then squeeze some more for the second click. I sent my trigger assembly in again as well 5 wks ago and still don't have it back either.

I would have gotten rid of the gun but it is a tack driver with a variety of loads and bullets and I like how it handles so I just make sure I get the 2 clicks :)

Customer service was way better before they went under. I sent an e-mail in last fall expressing a safety concern with my LK93 and actually got a call and e-mail from Mr Branch Meanly (of Green MTN and Knight) who had designed the gun. He was great and resolved all of my concerns. It was cool.

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Agrv - Did you get your trigger back yet?? What gun do you have? I was assuming it was the Revolution since they had a recall on that. I did send mine (Revolution)in and got it back but service was very slow, I'd assume due to the "out of business" status. Anyway, if you'll PM me, I might be able to send you one of mine as I have 2 trigger assemblies and won't be using it this year as I'm rifle hunting. Hate to see you miss your hunt!

I did get my trigger assembly back last week. I left and put a metal roof on mom and dads house and was busy this weekend and didn't get to shoot it yet. I did finally get a response out of Knight after I sent them an unpleasant contact us form. The response from the customer service rep was to try and back out the breech plug a 1/2 turn and see if it went off every time. I might have to do this to a full turn. If it goes off every time then they can send me a longer breech to remedy the problem. Like I said I haven't been able to try it yet, but hopefully will in the next couple days as my hunt starts Saturday. thanks for all the folks willing to help and no worries I do have the backup .54 Wolverine if needed.

one of my CVA Kodiaks is the same way. I have to back the breech plug out a half turn for consistant ignition.

I wonder if it might be possible to shim with a thin washer with the right size hole. You could have a problem with blow back getting into the tread area if you back off on the BP.

My buddy was having the same problem and we got the same response to back out the plug and they also said they could have a longer plug made. Sounds like they need to just make a bunch of them so they could just send them out. I'd also be concerned with some blowback as it just doesn't sound like the best idea to not screw the breach plug in all the way? I didn't have the ignition problem with mine but sent the trigger in anyway just to be sure there wasn't a defect.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom