Trump Jr. Stands of for Hunting and PETA Looks Stupid

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
Check out this link. Perhaps time to boycot Camping World - can't believe that a company that caters to campers would be actively anti-hunting.

In any case, great job by Trump Jr. for sticking up for hunters and the importance of hunting to wildlife in Africa.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...gs-celeb-apprentice-over-jrs/?intcmp=features

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

I just sent an email to Marcus Lemonis, CEO of Camping World. You all should fill his inbox with emails complaining about his ill-advised and mistaken decision to disassociate with hunters. Here is the body of my email to Mr. Lemonis...

His email is [email protected]

Mr. Lemonis,

I'm writing to you as a result of learning that Camping World has pulled their advertising on the television show 'The Apprentice' in response to news articles published about an African hunting safari that Mr. Trump's two sons made in Zimbabwe. I was disappointed, and as an avid outdoorsman, am very surprised to read about your companies short sighted and ill reasoned reaction to the news regarding the Trump men and their hunting safari.

Whether your realize it or not, regulated 'sport' hunting, whether in North America, Africa or anywhere else on this planet, is a key concept toward the long term conservation and sustainability of wild animals, both 'game' animals and all 'non-game' animals and other creatures who share their habitat. Contrary to your comments about endangered species, they are not hunted. The Trumps did shoot elephants and leopards on their safari and despite your mistaken impression that either of these may be endangered, they in fact are quite abundant and have healthy populations across many African countries. In fact, the leopard may be the most widely distributed mammal on the entire African continent. It is easy and requires no mental exercise to believe the rhetoric of the animal rights/anti hunting businesses that thrive on creating controversy about hunting. It is an inescapable fact that much of the information they espouse is inaccurate and oftentimes, outright lies. You, sir, have fallen for their misrepresentations and have made an ill-conceived decision to abandon one of your main customer segments, namely hunters and fishermen, in the name of political correctness. The fact that you've chosen to do this without gaining a proper understanding of African wildlife management concepts and that your decision will have far reaching impacts to your company does a great disservice to your shareholders.

Mr. Lemonis, I call on you to publicly support regulated sport hunting wherever it occurs in the world, and to come out with a statement that retracts your ill advised and inaccurate comments about endangered species. You are flat out wrong about any of the species the Trumps hunted being endangered and you owe it to yourself and your shareholders to become better educated and representative of them, and your customers. Absent that, I will join a growing movement of your largest customer constituency, outdoorsmen, who will boycott your company from this point forward, and will work to ensure that nobody whom I know ever spends another dollar at your stores. Additionally, I'll seek out the contact information for the members of your Board of Directors to advise them of this movement and how you've damaged your company by a public stance that is based on false information.

While I doubt that you'll have any interest in responding to this email message, I'll gladly respond to any comments or questions you may have about hunting or wildlife management.

Sincerely,

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-12 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]The 'anti's' love to start boycotts anytime something happens that they don't agree with, it's time we took a page from their playbook and used the same tactics.

That is an absolutely excellent letter on his ill chosen stance! Congrats for sitting down and putting that letter together with the facts and not one demeaning word in it. Kudos!!!

I received their "stock reply" so I fired off another. I suspect I won't hear another peep out of them.

"neither for nor against".... MY AZZ!

Zeke

My letter was just sent. Hunters must stand up and fight, or lose their rights one by one like a slow cancer choking out life.

Letter sent.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

Here is what I sent them:

Subject line:

Don't send me any automated response:

Text:

Have already read your standard: "we are not for or against hunting, but are against hunting endangered species"

That dog won't hunt (pun intended).

Hunting income in Africa in most cases is the only thing preserving many species, ESPECIALLY leopard and elephants. The people have an incentive to keep healthy populations when hunters pay money to hunt them and spend money in their area. Where they are not hunted, poachers rule because there is no economic incentive to stop them.

I camp and fish and hunt a LOT. Won't be buying anything from you guys. This move was ill advised. It WILL impact your bottom line.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Here's mine:

"Dear Mr. Lemonis,

As a past customer of your company, and an avid hunter and outdoor enthusiast, I am writing you to express my displeasure that you have dropped your affiliation with the 'Celebrity Apprentice' as a result of the Trump brothers participating in a completely legal African safari. I am shocked that you as the CEO of a company that derives a large share of its' operating revenue from customers such as myself would lack a basic understanding of the role in hunting in conservation and instead choose to side with the lies and propaganda set forth by an animal rights extremist group such as PETA. I am completely at a loss as to how your company could take such a stance given the demographics of your customer base.?

I for one will never again patronize your company in any way shape or form, and I will make it a point to advise my fellow camping, hunting, and outdoor enthusiasts aware of your company's anti-hunting stance and advise them to do the same unless you'reconsider your ill advised decision and reinstate your affiliation with the 'Celebrity Apprentice' show.?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,"

Horniac

I am posting this on EVERY Message board I know....DAN...that was a FANTASTIC letter!!!!

We need to make this known...and send a message that we are not happy!

Here is the letter I got in return. Sounds like the same letter everyone else is getting.

Mr.Hiatt,

To clarify our position, Camping World as America?s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you,
Camping World Customer Care

It's always an adventure!!!

Here is what I have gotten so far in response...

Horniac
-----------------------------------

I'm sorry you feel that way

Marcus

----------------------------------

Mr. Lemonis,

Thanks for your reply however you?are flat out wrong about any of the species the Trumps hunted being endangered! ?Please get your facts straight before you issue company statements which are factually incorrect. ?

Sincerely,

Sent from my iPad
------------------------------
On Mar 16, 2012, at 5:51 PM, Marcus Lemonis <[email protected]> wrote:

You information is bad

To clarify our position, Camping World as America?s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.?

Marcus

I've also sent the emails to Marcus and got the stock reply. I've also made a few comments on their FB page. I also understand that Camping World sponsors a NASCAR team. Is anyone here big NASCAR fans? I don't know which forums are the best or most popular, but it would be great to spread this word on those forums as well. I have to believe that many, many NASCAR fans are hunters and outdoorsmen. and women.

Camping World is opening up soon in St George, UT. My e-mail was sent asking him/them to do their research before they make decisions based on misinformation.

I stated that I'm sure they will succeed in their new location but without as much anticipated income due to the deer/elk hunting influence in this community. The sportsmen in the area will not patronize their store, only the snow birds and maybe they will lose some of them too.

I sent a polite email and haven't even received a standard reply like some of you have! I wonder if they're getting bombarded with emails.

I received the same response,he keeps saying that the Trumps hunted endangered spices and my facts are wrong. I am through with camping world! Lets get the word out to everybody we know.The way to make them understand is in there pocket book!

10-4. I'm putting it everywhere I can.

Any NASCAR guys here that are members of those forums?? That would be a great place to talk about this stuff too!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-12 AT 03:50PM (MST)[p]Letter sent.

"Dear Mr. Lemonis,

As a past customer of your company, and an avid hunter and outdoor enthusiast, I am writing you to express my displeasure that you have dropped your affiliation with the 'Celebrity Apprentice' as a result of the Trump brothers participating in a completely legal African safari. I am shocked that you as the CEO of a company that derives a large share of its' operating revenue from customers such as myself would lack a basic understanding of the role in hunting in conservation and instead choose to side with the lies and propaganda set forth by an animal rights extremist group such as PETA. I am completely at a loss as to how your company could take such a stance given the demographics of your customer base.

I for one will never again patronize your company in any way shape or form, and I will make it a point to advise my fellow camping, hunting, and outdoor enthusiasts aware of your company's anti-hunting stance and advise them to do the same unless you reconsider your ill advised decision and reinstate your affiliation with the 'Celebrity Apprentice' show.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,"

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Reply Back from Marcus.
Where can I reach you.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-12 AT 05:50PM (MST)[p]>Reply Back from Marcus.
>Where can I reach you.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Must have been the PETA comment. I wrote something about him getting his info from PETA regarding the endangered species, and I got a personal response also. He don't like that! lol
He said PETA is not even in his vocabulary. Riiiigggghhhhhttttt.

Let us know if you talk to the dickweed. I hope you unload on him!

edit: haha if you quote Gator, you writin green

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-12 AT 10:31PM (MST)[p]Here is his second reply:

I'm not opposed to hunting

It's that simple

I felt that those boys were trophy hunting

I respect you and your freedom
Its that simple

To clarify our position, Camping World as America?s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Marcus

My answer to Marcus:

Marcus
So what you are saying is that if it isn't hunting in a way you believe it is wrong and should be boycotted against .
Hunting is different in so many ways in different parts of the World, so are they wrong because they don't all hunt the same way or the way you think they should hunt. Explain: what they did that was so wrong, Was it just the pictures that you didn't like or that they was in the pictures having a smile on their faces.
The animals they killed and took pictures of was in fact used by a whole village. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, Did it occur? No it didn't they had licenses and was on a guided hunt in a area that these species aren't endangered.
now as the CEO of your company, you are telling every person who works for you this is their choice now because it affect their livelihood. It was no longer a personal choice on their part, Now I can see that it was a personal choice on your part and it's your right as the CEO to make choices for your company, But you took their freedom of choice from them the same choice you claim to hold dear.
As I have said before I will post on all the hunting,fishing and racing sites that I can to show my personal choice of disagreeing with your choice.
Thank for your time.
Warren Nelson

>the MM green signature club.[font/] I'm not opposed to hunting

email sent.

dont remember if it was mentioned yet, but it might be a good idea to post support for Don Jr on his twitter and FB accounts as he is getting a lot of crap from the anti's

I will not be spending money at camping world no more.

He has shown his true colors.

It is everyone's personal choice as to whether they want to boycott a business or not. I have made my choice.

Lots of hunters out there with 5th wheels, travel trailers and motorhomes.

Perhaps you fine gentlemen in Utah and soutern Nevada should organize a grand opening party in front of the new Camping World store in St. George, to advise the public about their ill-conceived position, courtesy of their CEO. Imagine the news that a boycott, or picket, in front of the store might get. Imagine Camping World's reaction to having dozens of sportsmen standing outside their location (on the public right of way, of course, to avoid a trespassing complaint)where you're giving every passer-by an informational page about what a supporter of animal rights businesses Camping World is, and asking that they not patronize the store.

Imagine doing this at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when the next race comes up...

CAelknuts---That's exactly what needs to happen when people use their companies to influence things that they know nothing about.

I got a reply from Mr. Lemonis....his reply was

"Then do not come back! We do not need you as a customer. You simply do not understand our stance on Trophy Hunting and it is fine to lose customers like you over that.

Marcus"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Wow is all I can say!

It amazes me that this kind of reply is coming.....they simply do not care! I hope that we pass this along to EVERYONE that we possibly can and hurt their bottom line!!! It is the ONLY way that they will realize what a STUPID mistake they are making!

I'd go on every friggin hunting and car website with that and sock it to them. Also, every guy in Utah and the adjoining areas reading this should get everyone together and peacefully picket that new store when it opens. I can't believe the guy is that stupid to send out an email like that. I guess he didn't see what the power of the internet can do when everyone bombarded the Susan Komen Foundation website when they made that decision of theirs last month on contraception. They pulled in their horns and reversed their decision in a week after their initail decision went out!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-12 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p]>I got a reply from Mr.
>Lemonis....his reply was
>
>"Then do not come back! We
>do not need you as
>a customer. You simply do
>not understand our stance on
>Trophy Hunting and it is
>fine to lose customers like
>you over that.
>
>Marcus"
>
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Wow is
>all I can say!
>
>It amazes me that this kind
>of reply is coming.....they simply
>do not care! I hope
>that we pass this along
>to EVERYONE that we possibly
>can and hurt their bottom
>line!!! It is the ONLY
>way that they will realize
>what a STUPID mistake they
>are making!

WOW is right! The only explanation is that we are getting our message across to him and it has him rattled.

txhunter58

>I got a reply from Mr.
>Lemonis....his reply was
>
>"Then do not come back! We
>do not need you as
>a customer. You simply do
>not understand our stance on
>Trophy Hunting and it is
>fine to lose customers like
>you over that.
>
>Marcus"
>
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Wow is
>all I can say!
>
>It amazes me that this kind
>of reply is coming.....they simply
>do not care! I hope
>that we pass this along
>to EVERYONE that we possibly
>can and hurt their bottom
>line!!! It is the ONLY
>way that they will realize
>what a STUPID mistake they
>are making!

Fishlake, is there any way you can post up your entire chain of E-mails cut and pasted from your E-mail server?

I recieved a response, but I won't post it as it contained a pretty lengthy disclaimer, which could cause some legal problems for me if I post it. It was basically more of the same, but he did mention that he had been the recipient of quite a bit of vulgarity and threats in email form. Gentlemen, if it's us using those methods, then we deserve to lose our rights. We need to remain professional if we hope to succeed in protecting our rights.

Agreed! The only way we prevail on issues like this is by coming across as intelligent, thinking people who actually might spend money with his company. I told him the truth: that I am a 54 year old professional looking toward retirement who travels and camps quite a bit.

As far as a legal disclaimer, I am certainly no lawyer, but I doubt you signed any "nondisclosure" agreement and can't see how anyone would be libel for publishing something in their private email record. I would think you own anything in your computer and can do anything you want to with it. If he doesn't want something to become public, he should not write anything he doesn't want disclosed to someone he doesn't even know. Maybe some lawyers can chime in on that one.

txhunter58

I'm not following the legal disclaimer statement and agree with txhunter58. Anything he would have said to you on the phone or in an email could be relayed anywhere you want it to go with no legal repercussions unless you agreed not to in writing BEFORE he made any statements to you. There is no reason to use vulgarity and in this particular issue it's so cut and dried that he's wrong and easy to tell him why and to look into it himself before he makes decisions. I'm wondering if his statement about threats is when people tell him they will boycott his business. That is not considered a threat. You are just telling him that you aren't doing business with his company any more just like he did with pulling his advertising.

I agree that his claims of vulgarity and threats may be made up, but the record shows that those are tactics we have used before. I was merely pointing out that using such weapons will lose the fight for us. As far as the disclaimer goes, it probably has no legal basis, but I was able to respect his wishes, even though I disagree with his views wholeheartedly, and still convey what he said, with out posting up his response. I did reply to him again, with facts to counter his reply, and told him that of the emails I've seen, there has been no vulgarity, or physical threats. I told him that I felt his replies had been unprofessional at best. And because of his choices my money would not be spent at Camper World. I have so far recieved to reply back.

I think the heat has gotten to him and his company and he is now claiming threats(I'm sure a few asswipes have done so)But the bottom line IS he now knows for sure that this could and should cost him alot of custonmers and money.
I'm sure we all got the last form letter.

"Good Morning,

I wanted to take time this morning to respond to the numerous email's I received over the weekend.

First and Foremost I want to appoligize for offending all of you. That was not my intent.

To be clear, and for the record, I am not against hunting. I am in favor of legal hunting. Additionally, I am well aware that if it were not for the hunting community, our preservation of wildlife and conservation of the areas would be much further behind where it is today. I am in full favor of one thing, ones right to choose what he or she does.

I realize that I have upset many of you and that was not my intention.

The purpose of this letter this morning is not driven by business but my concern that people feel that I would question their rights or their choice to live their life the way they want.

Lastly, as my apology is sincere, I would ask that feedback that threatens me or my family stop. The passion behind this issue is clear and for the record I agree with your rights. This does not however warrant some of the very threatening email's regarding my safety or anyone else's.

Again, I sincerely appoligize for offending any of you. I realize that most of you will not accept this and I hope over time we can reconcile.

Marcus"

I go that email this morning as well. It makes me think that he has not read even ONE of any of the emails, nor was he the one sending out the crazy emails over the weekend telling me to stay away.

I think this has created MUCH more heat than they expected. I really HATE the fact that there are those on our side that sent threatening or violent emails though! STUPID!!!!!! It just proves the other sides point and makes us look STUPID!!!

Guys, when you communicate, think of it this way. You may want to get in the gutter and tell this guy to go forth and procreate himself, but that's just to make you feel good for the moment. How often have you told someone off, only to regret saying it the way you did later on? How often have you ever regretted taking 'the high road' in communicating? Have you ever regretted being polite and staying out of the gutter? You can always descend there, but you often-times cannot climb out of it once there.

Before you send this guy, or anyone else, an email, text or letter, even voice message, that is going to be critical, put a draft aside and come back to it a little later. Read it and ask youself if that's what you really want to say. I think that often, you'll find that you want to clean it up a bit. Editing and re-writing are basics of good written communication. Use those concepts and you'll regret what you say less often.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-12 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]Have any of you thought that just maybe he hasn't received any threats and this is a way he is trying to make you feel sorry for him? Has anyone also thought of the possibility that these are antis sending threatening letters to him in the guise of it being from hunters? The latter is a very common tactic of theirs and an easy way for antis to get people like him on their side. I'm just tossing out a couple of possibilities here!

I've thought of both those things, and if you'll notice, I didn't accuse anyone of us of doing it for just that reason. I just pointed out that it is in bad form to make threats to try and defend our rights, it really makes us look foolish.

As the CoFounder of Nielson RV located here in Southern Utah, I can assure hunters that they have a friend and advocate in the RV business. We are passionate hunters and outdoorsman and recognize the importance of sportman in the growth of our business and the preservation of wildlife for future generations.While we welcome competetion to our industry (St George Camping World), we do not welcome this uninformed mentality towards hunters.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-12 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]Marcus is definitely feeling it. Here is his halfhearted attempt at an apology on another forum:

"Good Morning,

I wanted to take time this morning to respond to the numerous email's I received over the weekend.

First and Foremost I want to appoligize for offending all of you. That was not my intent.

To be clear, and for the record, I am not against hunting. I am in favor of legal hunting. Additionally, I am well aware that if it were not for the hunting community, our preservation of wildlife and conservation of the areas would be much further behind where it is today. I am in full favor of one thing, ones right to choose what he or she does.

I realize that I have upset many of you and that was not my intention.

The purpose of this letter this morning is not driven by business but my concern that people feel that I would question their rights or their choice to live their life the way they want.

Lastly, as my apology is sincere, I would ask that feedback that threatens me or my family stop. The passion behind this issue is clear and for the record I agree with your rights. This does not however warrant some of the very threatening email's regarding my safety or anyone else's.

Again, I sincerely appoligize for offending any of you. I realize that most of you will not accept this and I hope over time we can reconcile.

Marcus"

Later, he said he would be glad to discuss becoming a Sponsor of that site...and the Site owner basically told him to go **** himself (tastefully and professionally, of course)!

Best of Luck,
Jeff (MM Sponsor)
http://www.elkmtngear.com

Here's a way to really get some attention from the owner of Camping World, see this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinity_Group_Inc.

Camping World is owned by Good Sam Enterprises. How many of you are Good Sam members? The 97% owner of Good Sam is a private equity investor named Stephen Adams.

I'm betting that some well written letters to Good Sam, and especially to Mr. Adams personally, will have a significant impact. I'm not sure how to reach him yet, but I'm gonna find out.

And if you want to let all of the advertisers on 'Celebrity Apprentice' know how much you appreciate their support, and that as ethical sportsman, you'll support them as long as they don't cave in to anti-hunters. Best of all, you get this information courtesy of 'Stop Trophy Hunting Now'. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-Trophy-Hunting-NOW/136918922995288#!/notes/stop-trophy-hunting-now/tired-of-the-trumps-heres-what-you-can-do/324971530885578

The new facebook page mentioned "Stop Trophy Hunting Now" is starting a campaign to get advertisers along with NBC's Executive VP of publicity to drop the show.

They have some contact info for the advertisers if anyone else is interested in letting these companies know that we don't appreciate them punishing other hunters simply because they participating in a perfectly legal sport.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/stop-...-trumps-heres-what-you-can-do/324971530885578

Copied from NRAHuntersRights.org

Following reports that Camping World has dropped its sponsorship of ?Celebrity Apprentice? over hunting photos that showed Donald Trump?s sons posed with dead game taken on a safari two years ago, hunters continue to call for boycotts of CW and voice extreme anger at an obvious anti-hunting decision.
Camping World recently put out the following statement:
?To clarify our position, Camping World as America?s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose. ?
For the record, none of the species the Trumps hunted was endangered. See more about their hunt at:
http://nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=6266
In response to the Camping World statement, Laurie Lee Dovey, Executive Director of the Professional Outdoor Media Association, wrote the following:
Dear Camping World Customer Service and Executives.:
I read the statement on your Facebook page. It says and clarifies nothing. What does personal freedom mean in this context? Are you trying to say CW has the right to choose where it does or does not advertise. Of course you do, no one debates that point.
Here's the issue -- the reason you gave for pull advertising from "The Apprentice", and the condemnation of legal hunting and hunters. Here's what is unquestionably anti-hunting and why you're losing hundreds and I suspect eventually thousands of customers:
1) CW falling for the "animal butchery" kind of erroneous reporting by groups like tmz.com, the gossip website -- or other news sources who reported/opined about the Trumps "legal" hunting falsely and with a political agenda.
2) Your CEO statement: "Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis tells TMZ, the company's TV spots already aired on this season of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- but he insists, "I wouldn't spend another nickel with them. Marcus adds, "I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them ... Money is spent but wow I'm really shocked."
Here's the simple question, I and all in my industry (the hunting, fishing, shooting, camping, outdoors), have for you. Can you simply admit you/Lemonis make a mistake by listening to and being influenced by uninformed, sensationalists without doing your/his homework on the issue, and then simply say you "support legal hunting"? That's the question you've not answered.
Until such time as CW answers the question by making a public statement and apologizes, I will not support CW or its parent/affiliate companies in any way. In addition, I'll be reaching out to all of my contacts at the companies, whose products you carry, to let them know that I will no longer support a blatantly anti-hunting company.
You owe the Trump family and businesses a sincere apology. You owe all hunters, who are the world's greatest conservationists, a sincere apology.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-12 AT 07:16PM (MST)[p]Now if we could get people this riled up about SFW and the great tag grab...

He (Marcus) is addressing the Professional Outdoor Media Association Tomorrow in a Press Conference Webinar....can't wait to hear what he has to say......I am guessing he will be backpedalling so hard his cojones will be smokin'

I am hoping he will provide more ammo so we can get to the business of destroying his!

Best of Luck,
Jeff

Yeah, I would love to hear that. It a bummer that it costs more than I want to spend to register to that site.
He is talking out of both sides of his face to please everyone. I think his initial reaction showed us all what he is really about. Read his comments to TMZ, etc. in my post above. Coming on here, and other "speeches", is purely damage control.

Which package did you do? Am I right that you have to pay a minimum of $50 (student)? Only goes up from there, I think. Maybe it will be on You Tube!! "How the former CEO of Camping World ran the company into the ground in 1 week"!!! Haha!

I have a Corporate Membership. I would imagine there will be a lot of press in about a week, every Outdoor site and blogger will be blasting the crap out of this guy! He is toast.

Best of Luck,
Jeff

OK, if you guys really want to make an impact in a different way, try this.

I just called the corporate offices of Good Sam Club, the parent company of Camping World. I was transferred directly to the office of Stephen Adams, the Chairman and 97% shareholder of Good Sam Club. I spoke with one of the secretaries there, who was very polite, and very patient. I told her exactly how I feel about what Mr. Lemonis has done, and assured her that I'll not only never spend another dollar at Camping World, but that I"m urging every one of my RV owning friends to likewise boycott them, and to not renew their Good Sam memberships.

She was very patient and polite, stopped me several times to ask questions or write down notes, and in the end asked which 'groups' I'm affilated with and for my contact phone number. She assured me that my message would be passed along.

I urge every one of you (at least, those who are capable of being polite to them on the phone) to call Good Sam's corporate office at 805-667-4100. When the auto-attendant comes on, press "0" for an operator and ask for Mr. Adams office, or Mr. Schnieder's office. Mr. Schneider is the CEO of Good Sam, while Mr. Adams is the Chairman of the Board.

The following took place yesterday on a "webinar" organized by POMA, an organization I helped put together several years ago.

Camping World CEO Defends Himself Against Anti-Hunting Accusations

The companies Camping World and Good Sam have recently come under fire for being ?anti-hunting? after they terminated their advertising relationship with Donald Trump?s show, ?Celebrity Apprentice? after trophy hunting photos of Trump?s sons hit the spotlight.

The catch is that Good Sam is sponsoring an episode that is set to air in April 2012. Would the episode still air with their sponsorship? Good Sam and Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis said that the money on the episode has already been spent, but there will be no further advertising with the show continuing after the episode airs, although it's not because Lemonis nor his companies take an anti-hunting stance.

Rather, Lemonis said in a webinar hosted by the Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA) that it is because of a poor relationship and poor communication over a couple of years with the show?s producers that he won't be sponsoring ?Celebrity Apprentice? any longer.

Lemonis also apologized about his comments published by TMZ which ignited the controversy surrounding the company?s alleged anti-hunting stance. Previously, Lemonis was quoted by TMZ as saying, ?I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them ? Money is spent but wow I'm really shocked.? Then, the report goes on to say that he insisted he ?wouldn't spend another nickel? with ?Celebrity Apprentice?.

Lemonis told POMA journalists that he apologized for his comments made in haste and that they came from a lack of understanding or education on hunting. He first saw the photos when TMZ sent them to ask him for his comment on the pictures. At first he was shocked, but after he had time to think and educate himself on hunting he felt his chose his words poorly. ?I never had a position on anti-hunting, I had a reaction,? Lemonis said. ?This is an apology. I wasn?t making anti-hunting statements, but I was misquoted. I am 100 percent okay and in favor of legal hunting and fishing.?

While Lemonis has never been hunting, he sees himself as an outdoor enthusiast who mostly camps and has been fishing a few times. ?I want to celebrate all outdoors recreational experiences. I realize my reaction created a divide?. As a non-hunter, I could be caught off-guard.? Lemonis said his immediate reaction was to be upset by the pictures because as a non-hunter, he is not aware what happens in the sport and in the lifestyle. ?I was nervous about how other people, who are uneducated or informed, would react if they got caught off guard.

Lemonis even went on to express his interest in learning to hunt, but said that it would have to be in a safe, well-controlled environment. He turned down an offer to go hunting for the first time from his hunting-advocate friend Ted Nugent as he jokingly said he wants to learn to hunt in a ?safer? environment.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Yep, it was a cheap, cover his butt response in the interview, IMO.

Not sure how I feel about this thing with Ted. He's a strong voice for all of us hunters, but I'm not sure why he jumped in to the middle of this thing, and then let this kook squirm out and be buddy buddy with him all of a sudden. Odd.

TipMover, I didn't read anything about Ted becoming buddy buddy with Lemonis at all. Did I miss something? I did read where he said he would have the Trumps in his sacred hunting grounds anytime.

GBA

GBA

This is one of the quotes:

?After the controversy surrounding the xposure of the Trump boys safari photos of African game, CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis was contacted and educated by your fearless SpiritWild leader Uncle Ted & he upgraded his awareness to the reality of the pureness of hunting as the ultimate and only honest conservation tool to keep wildlife flourishing. Marcus is a good man and totally supports hunting and fishing as the wonderful lifestyle that it is. We support Camping World and recommend it to all our fellow sporters.?

Ted is saying that "Marcus is a good man that supports hunting and fishing....." Now Ted's recommending CW to all fellow sporters? Really??

I have an email statement from Marcus that says he's "neither for nor against hunting". Also, take a look at the last paragraph of Tonys post above. Looks like they are old chums......maybe I'm wrong. Just still a little pizzed about this thing.

TipMOver---If the Nuge is getting into this and that's true about what you stated, then I guess we should boycott him and his program too, even if Shemane is a hotty, LOL!

TOPGUN,

This is cut and pasted from Teds FB page. Read in to it what you will, but to me, it has an odor.

by Ted Nugent on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 8:06am ?
After the controversy surrounding the xposure of the Trump boys safari photos of African game, CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis was contacted and educated by your fearless SpiritWild leader Uncle Ted & he upgraded his awareness to the reality of the pureness of hunting as the ultimate and only honest conservation tool to keep wildlife flourishing. Marcus is a goodman and totally supports hunting and fishing as the wonderful lifestyle that it is. We support Camping World and recommend it to all our fellow sporters.
spread it far & wide-polite activism/education/upgrade works! Godspeed all!
"As CEO of Camping World, I support all Americans who celebrate the time honored family traditions of hunting and fishing, and all choices of quality, legal, environmentally positive outdoor recreation. I know that millions and millions of families camp, hike, canoe, kayak, off-road, explore and enjoy all these wonderful activities and I feel a kinship with them. Nature heals, freedom is the end all and we here at Camping World are proud to be a part of that soul cleansing lifestyle." Marcus Lemonis-Camping World

The other quotes were from NRAHUNTERSRIGHTS.org.

TipMOver, Thanks for the info. Disappointing to say the least but thanks just the same. I'm not saying im a huge Nuge Fan but the man has stood up for and defended hunting and chased off those who opposed it for years. His place in Michigan and the chicks that hung around there when I was a kid weren't so bad either.:) Ted has made a couple of mistakes along the way, this included but he has a passion to save our way of life like no other. IMO Lemonis showed his true colors and now is only saying what he is for damage control. I am pretty sure he is now seeing the impact of his statements. It would not surprise me if he didn't reach out to Ted first in his desperate attempt to fix his mistake. Just the same as others here, I will stay out of Camping World until the Lemonis is removed.

GBA

Sort of sucks buttermilk does't it! Nuge is one of those "different strokes for different folks" guys, but as was said, he's got a fervor and passion to keep our gun and hunting rights intact and I'd still rather have him on my side than against. I would imagine if he knows Lemonis that the latter reached out to him when things got out of hand. Then Nuge got involved trying to help a friend out just like he did good old Zumbo when he made that black gun blog. Zumbo has come back strong, and with our propensity to forgive and forget, this mess will probably also be forgotten down the line.

Please check out the thread I just started on the Camping World Boycott petition. AND, please sign it and send it along to all your buddies for them to sign as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom