trying to enlarge your trophy by deceiving posses...

Tsho86

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-09 AT 05:16PM (MST)[p]Is it me or are more and more people sitting like 100 yards behind their deer and elk to make them look bigger? I've been noticing more in the last couple years. I mean really nobody will make fun of your "trophy" if it really is small so quit being so insucure and get in there and hold the damn thing like normal. Just MY opinion on the poses, i don't mean to offend anybody.... well maybe a little.

If you ever get a deer, you can hold it anyway you want.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-09 AT 05:37PM (MST)[p]>If you ever get a deer,
>you can hold it anyway
>you want.
>
>Eel
>
>Know guns, know peace, know safety.
>No guns, no peace, no
>safety.

Yeah, i can't wait and when i do i'm going to hold it ever so gently like a newborn...

oh and i didn't mean to make you all think deceiving posse's made a trophy look bigger i meant poses haha

Aside from the forced perspective stuff, NVB found that with careful use of products such as extenz, perhaps there are other ways of making things look bigger. Now he is no longer forced to use fancy camera angles or models with small hands like he did in the past. By the way, he took the blue ribbon at the county fair with his hare.

4ab5689808437f52.jpg

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Im with you! Just post a reg pic.You were happy with the animal when you pulled the trigger so why try to make it more than it is.Another thing SMILE you do not have to be mister macho,be happy you have just taken a great animal......Jim

Tsho86,

I'm with you, in fact i even posted a similar thread about the same topic a year or so ago though maybe not as "kind" in the way i put it as you. I came to some grief over the topic, the most just happy to see pictures whether shown out of proportion or not and i can understand that side of it.

I will though, be the first to claim very poor camera skills. I own nothing but those disposable jobs and you must get close with one of those or get out the magnifying glass one or the other. There is a happy medium out there that i strive for and it really looks great no matter who clicks the shutter.

Joey

RE: trying to enlarge your trophy by deceiving poses...

Yeah i could imagine you got a little guff for that post like i figured i would. Whenever i see pictures like that i can't help but chuckle, but either way i am glad they post it and all and i enjoy looking at the animals. I mainly am just curious as to what the point of doing it is. Eh i mainly wanted to get a reaction out of the people who do it i guess.

I think it's funny when guys sit waaaayy behind their bull, and make themselves look like dwarfs.

Clean the animal up, get a nice background, and smile baby!!!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I think every body has been getting to many picture tips from Chuck Adams. He is famus for that.

Who gives a rats ### how they want to take "THEIR" picture. Hell dress up like a clown and stand on top of the critter. They shot the buck, put the time and money in and should take a photo how they want. Whatever makes them happy with the animal they harvested is how it should be. If you don't like it, don't comment or look. Simple!

Before we know it, no one will be posting pictures on the forum anymore. I just like looking at the nice bucks and bulls and don't give a crap how far behind the animal they are. In some photos the hunter must be on the other hillside or behind a tree because I can only see the animal in the photo

Ridn9high said; "Who gives a rats ### how they want to take "THEIR" picture. Hell dress up like a clown and ..."

Obviously, all the other posters in this thread have at least some reserve about it or the thread wouldn't be here, Right?

What some of us are saying is that it looks funny, stupid, insulting to us that there is at times, deliberate attempts to make taken trophies appear much bigger than they actually are. Why the deception? I say let a taken animal be what it is. When you take pictures from one foot away to attempt to make the rack look wider or bigger, to deceive, you're only fooling yourself.

And no, i don't see, "Before we know it, no one will be posting pictures on the forum anymore."

My $.02, Joey

Muskeg, Is that the new Accu-Jack 2000, new for 2010 Model? Do you mind me asking where you found yours? I am just asking for a friend:) LMAO I dont like it either when hunters get way behind the animal. It does not show a true representation of the trophy no matter how big or small.

>Ridn9high said; "Who gives a rats
>### how they want to
>take "THEIR" picture. Hell dress
>up like a clown and
>..."
>
>Obviously, all the other posters in
>this thread have at least
>some reserve about it or
>the thread wouldn't be here,
>Right?
>
>What some of us are saying
>is that it looks funny,
>stupid, insulting to us that
>there is at times, deliberate
>attempts to make taken trophies
>appear much bigger than they
>actually are. Why the deception?
>I say let a taken
>animal be what it is.
>When you take pictures from
>one foot away to attempt
>to make the rack look
>wider or bigger, to deceive,
>you're only fooling yourself.
>
>And no, i don't see, "Before
>we know it, no one
>will be posting pictures on
>the forum anymore."
>
>My $.02, Joey

Well I guess Guy Eastman looks like a jacka$$ also. He is all about trying to make a trophy look bigger. You know that if you angle the camera to where the antler tips are above the hunters head, it looks bigger. That's what they say!

Atleast the guys that are sitting behind the deer have cleaned the animal up so it looks good it a picture. Looks like they respect the trophy they have taken. It's a lot better than a blood bath of the trophy or a friggin arrow sticking out of the head. Also looks better than some standing over the buck for the photo .

""Who gives a rats
### how they want to
take "THEIR" picture."

"They shot the buck, put the time and money in and should take a photo how they want"

"Whatever makes them happy with the animal they harvested is how it should be."

" If you don't like it, don't comment or look. Simple! "

"Before we know it, no one will be posting pictures on the forum anymore."

"It's a lot better than a blood bath of the trophy or a friggin arrow sticking out of the head. Also looks better than some standing over the buck for the photo ."

So do you have an opinion or not? You've talked from both sides of your mouth enough that you are attacking yourself.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-09 AT 06:05PM (MST)[p]>What some of us are saying
>is that it looks funny,
>stupid, insulting to us that
>there is at times, deliberate
>attempts to make taken trophies
>appear much bigger than they
>actually are. Why the deception?
>I say let a taken
>animal be what it is.
>When you take pictures from
>one foot away to attempt
>to make the rack look
>wider or bigger, to deceive,
>you're only fooling yourself.

>My $.02, Joey

Perfectly put, couldn't have said it any better myself. Enjoy and respect the trophy for what it is.

Ridn9high said; "Well I guess Guy Eastman looks like a jacka$$ also. He is all about trying to make a trophy look bigger."

There is a big difference between getting all of what a animal really is, the best way to frame a trophy in a photo than to stick the camera between the rack or stand behind the animal as if you were next to it. I think Mike E. is all about making the trophy look nice, not so much deceive anybody.

Here's a few of my taken bucks, all decent deer that could have used a better framing job. As decent as they are, they could all have looked much nicer with some instruction and a bit of planning. Closer is not always better. Too far away though, is way bad.

4abab6cf0fc7182c.jpg

4abab70810f221de.jpg

4abab74f127d0865.jpg

4abab8dd1c823ce3.jpg

I believe most of us could do better jobs on our photos, i just never put much worth or effort into them and am somewhat regretting that long ago attitude now. I have a bunch more with lost or no photo's at all. :)

Joey

Actually, if the ads for certain products like Enzite or Maxoderm are any indication, I'd say the market for enlarging your trophy is a pretty lucrative one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom