Tule Elk calves......

nickman

Long Time Member
The Owens Valley elk are herding up again after the cows have calved out.

I have seen 200 this past week and one thing is really clear, We have about a 25% drop in calf production. Out of 11 mature cows, I see maybe 4 new calves compared to maybe 6 in years past.

Once the herd settles down, with the new calves, I will post up some pictures. They are shy right now, and there are already too many photo buffs chasing them..

Mature bull concentrations are high right now, for this early before the rut. Could be some issues with the range cattle and pack stock not being moved yet due to extended winter.....I will see what it looks like in a couple more weeks.

We have some DANDY racks building for sure though!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Looking forward to some pics.

Sounds like when I draw my Owens Archery Elk tag I might just have a chance. Never been in Owens valley but thought there would be no better way to start than a tag. It could happen someday....

Nickman, Grab the yote call and shoot some of them calf eaters..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom