Turkey soup..... Low. Calorie

nmhuntr

First take 2-3 cups of water. Bring to slow boil. Tear up turkey tag and add in slowly. Add salt to taste.

I went last Wed and came back Sunday. I quit even calling after day two. I figured if I didn't know where they were I sure wasn't going to tell them where I was. Saw hens and deer until yesterday morning and a Jake walked out about 20 feet from the thick forest, too a look and turned and went back up the hill. Hope someone had good luck. Was dry as a bone and the rancher said they quit gobbling about a week prior to season.

We got a day left, may be eating the same thing. We've gotten into some gobbling birds, but nothing but hens thru the set up.

All of my turkey outings have quickly turned into shed hunts after the first hour of the morning.
Had one chance, and passed on an iffy shot hoping he would get closer, and he went the wrong direction.

>All of my turkey outings have
>quickly turned into shed hunts
>after the first hour of
>the morning.
>Had one chance, and passed on
>an iffy shot hoping he
>would get closer, and he
>went the wrong direction.

Well I hope you found some sheds so you can at least say you had a successful hunt.

The last couple years i have ate tag soup for turkeys but this year turned around. I got both my birds this last monday. Not alot of gobbling or activity but enough. It was awesome taking my 2 and 4 year old out hunting with me. They were not there for the kills, but tried the couple days prior with them. They got to hear the birds gobble while roosting them in the evenings. got to shoot the bb gun alot, take 4 wheeler rides and play around camp. Best turkey hunt, the birds were the icing on the cake!

I'll see about loading a couple photos later in the day. Haven't done that before, got a couple things i have to do this morning.

3938p4270006.jpg

9831p4280033.jpg

3392p4270010.jpg

Nice pics
Thanks for sharing. Isn't it funny that when you had your girls out and didn't care about getting a bird is the time you got one/two? Congradulations!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom