Turkeys up close

O

ohiohntr

Turkey season here starts in a couple more weeks.

I am getting pretty excited. I have seen about 7 different toms strutting. Here are a few pictures of some that walked right in front of the trail camera.

I have a small plot in the woods behind my house. It is the only real open area that is surrounded by hundreds of acres of woods. The turkeys seem to flock there and dust themselves in the dirt and strut.

IM000558.jpg

IM000527.jpg

IM000367.jpg

IM001137-1.jpg

Here are a couple toms and what looks like a bearded hen.

IM001111.jpg

Nice pics! What part of Ohio you in? I used to live there, New Philadelphia area.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I actually haven't put out any feed. I did rake in some no till plot seed about 3 weeks ago but between the squirrels and birds there is nothing left. I don't know why they still come in every day. I do see them dusting themselves quite often. Being the only open spot in several hundred acres of woods, they just seem to congregate there and strut around

Awesome pictures, weve been killin a lot of nice birds for three weeks in Kali.I might be wrong but is that a bearded hen in the last picture? Ive only seen a few over the years. BH1

>Nice pics! What part of Ohio
>you in?

I live about an hour south of Columbus.

Ohiohntr;

Hey bud,

I'm from Az. and am no expert on turkeys.

Those pictures you have shown us, look like the toms have big beards.

My question is this, are those in fact, large/long beards?
If not what does it take to " make the book " so to speak.

Thanks,

Steve Cheuvront

awesome pictures. Thats really cool how you got that big tom struttin right infront of the camera. Thanks for sharing.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom