UDWR Proposed Permits Posted vs Draw Odds Site

Smokepole

I was looking at the proposed LE Elk Permit #s for 2012 and the changes from 2011 as posted by the UDWR. The numbers did not match what the "Draw Odds" site reference for at least the unit I applied my daughter for, South Slope Diamond Mtn. The UDWR listed there were 23 permits for the early rifle hunt in 2011 but, the "Draw Odds" site show 19. The late rifle hunt was different too!

Which one was/is correct? Are there any other units that reference different permit #s for 2011?

Smokepole

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are counting all the publicly available permits. That would also include auction and expo permits.

yeah, factor out the expo & auction tags and the remaining number is what shows as available on the draw/bonus points odds report.

None of the permit numbers will be right tell they go threw the RAC's in april.

Well not perzackly. The final tag numbers won't be determined until the WB gives final approval, and that's in May.

I'm comparing the 2011 data not the proposed tag #'s for 2012.

I got the 2011 #'s off the UDWR proposed #'s spreadsheet. Now take these #'s and compare the 2011 #'s from the Draw Odds website. Why the difference?

Smokepole

Convention tags come out of those numbers. The draw odds site is probably based just on how many tags are available in the draw.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom