UFC 129

zekers

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-11 AT 07:43PM (MST)[p]Alright Wisz-bang... do you think Shields will be the one to take down GSP?

I'm picking shields. I picked chael sonned to beat silva and he was till he made a stupid mistake. Expect the same from shields. He will dominate the fight.

GSP MAY get taken down by Shields, however the way GSP utilized the jab against Koshcheck was masterful to say the least. Koshcheck is a great wrestler and he tried a few times to take GSP down and couldn't. Doesn't matter how good of a wrestler a guy is if you can't get close enuf to him to grab a leg or two. How many months has GSP been training for this fight? It's not going to be any different than the Koshcheck fight. I think it may go worse for Shields as far as the beating GSP puts on him due to Shields not being as good of a striker than Koshcheck is. What I mean is Koshcheck has a huge right hand and GSP needed to be wary of that. What does Jake Shields have? How many guys has Shields knocked out? You can't compare Shields and Koshcheck in the striking game. Who knows which GSP comes to fight....the one that is planning on going 5 rounds or the one that will take Shields down and ground and pound him. I really don't think GSP will attempt to take Shields down in the first 3 rounds. maybe in the later rounds if Shields shows that he's slowing a bit. GSP is not afraid to go to the ground...he's just got to be smart about it.

Couture over Machida with some dirty boxing. I can't believe I'm picking 46 year old Couture over the elusive Machida....but I am. We'll have about 50 people over tomorrow night. Can't wait!!

Aldo and Homminick? I haven't really followed the featherweights so I can't give a very good analasys of this one. I do know that Jose Aldo is a back mutha trucka and it could be over quick.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

smitty- Got anymore of that sh!t you were smokin? LOL

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

I am with you Steve - I think Shields is great and when you can say you haven't lost a fight in six years you are definitely backing it up. GSP is just too well-rounded and finishes people. Shields has won a lot of fights but he rarely finishes people. I think he would need to finish GSP to come away with a victory, especially in 5 rounder.

The rest of the fights should be great. This is one of the best cards that UFC has put out in a few years. Guess who is the mastermind behind it too? The Iceman! Pretty good start as an organizer/promoter if you ask me.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

GSP doesn't finish anybody. He always goes 5 rounds and gets a decision. Yes, he has dominated his fights, but doesn't finish people, no knockout, no submissions, no stoppages. He uses his athleticism to control the other guy and squeeks out a win to stay champ. Bones Jones finishes every opponent he's faced, Silva, same story, GSP = BORING. He had koshcheck blind on one side and couldn't finish him. I'm tired of the canadian, I'd like to see someone get him, and I think shields can.

If you're still interested I can maybe hook you up with some of my dad's stash?!

LOL smitty....your Dad can keep his stash. He mite get pissed if some of it is gone. :)

I don't think Silva is quite the "finisher" he used to be. Been a while since he's finished anyone in devastating fashion. If you consider dancing around for 4 rounds and then deciding to to fight, then, yes, he would be considered a finisher. If there is one finisher in the UFC at this point...and I mean a FINISHER...it is Cain Velasquez. Anderson's last 5 fights have been pretty bad. If he was the only fight on a card, I would never order it if I had to pay for it. 3 years ago he was worth watching....but not if he's gonna dance for 4 rounds. Sorry...went on a tangent.

I can't say GSP will finish Shields. Very well may go 5 but GSP will retain the title. We've all heard the hype regarding Shields and who he's beaten. Wow....I think he beat a 40 year old Dan Henderson, a decent fighter in Carlos Condit and Martin Campmann. Yes, he even beat Fitch in a BJJ match. Fitch is the best out of all the fore mentioned. GSP handled Fitch. Who knows, should be an exciting fight....no doubt about that. Maybe Shields will catch him like Serra did? Never know.

Steve

Aldo is unreal. He's a gimme.
Wisz, isn't Couture 47? I'm torn on this, but think Machida knocks out the old man, then Randy retires.

I just don't think GSP will be beaten anytime soon. He might not be a finisher, but he's damn sure a winner. Like you said Wisz, GSP just flat beat the shiznut out of Koscheck. GSP will bring whatever game he needs to win.

GSP/Shield if anyone can beat GSP Jake can but it's to close to call. I just hope it's worth all the hype...One of my favorite fighters the other bad azz Diez....Nate, is on this card..love to watch those true bad boys Nate and Nick fight.

Best card in quite a while, we'll be watching.
GSP, Machida and Aldo. I wish Randy would win but I don't see that happening.

my bet is that GSP wins. He just seems to always have his opponent figured out... Always one step ahead. I hope couture wins, I like him but good hell he's old.

zekers- Not quite sure what Randy's age is exactly. You may be right, 47? Probably so. No matter the case, he's in amazing shape for a 37 year old!

Can't stand the Diaz brothers.... Nate especially. Nick seems to be a little bit less-thugish but Nate is straight up, all thug. he's from Stockton.....that's how they breed them there. HaHa. I hope Rory kicks the crap out of him and taunts him as he's submitting Diaz like Diaz has to his opponents several times. Any loss for Nate Diaz makes my night. Would I say that to his face? Absolutely not....the guy would kick my ass! :)

Steve

+1 on Nate Diaz.....when he and his bro jumped jason miller after a strikeforce fight and tried to head stomp him I lost the little shred of respect that I had for them.

Aldo is a beast and I am more excited for him than I am to watch another gsp jab-fest.....

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Remember that the fights start an hour earlier this time. East Coast fans complained enough to get a 9 pm start instead of 10 pm. Prelims on Spike at 5. Watch Diaz go down.....(fingers crossed).

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-11 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]UFC's website said this was Randy's last fight don't remember them saying how old he was...who cares, he still is a hell of a fighter. Reminds me of George Foreman when he won the Heavyweight Belt at an old age....come on Randy show them up for us old guys.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Don't tell me you weren't dancing around spilling your beer when Diaz went airborn three times Wiz!

LMAO zekers!! Look at my post!

Steve

I suspected a vicious knockout in the Machida-Couture fight. Hate to see Randy go out like that.

Aldo looked like Aldo.

GSP boring as hell AGAIN! lost some rounds, got bloodied, collected his big fat check for out pointing his opponent again. Way to go George, I get that it's a business to him and he's making money, but he's an entertainer, knock someone out, anyone out, submit someone, anyone. Shields, Koshcheck, Hardy, Fitch, Penn, all boring. Problem is I don't see anyone in that division getting him. I don't care if he never loses the title, just start finishing your opponent.

Aldo is unreal. He's a gimme.
Wisz, isn't Couture 47? I'm torn on this, but think Machida knocks out the old man, then Randy retires.
;-)
Aldo was the fight of the night, but only so we could see that hematoma! Hominick is a bad azz but wow he needed an ice pack. He made a go of it the 5th round though.

Randy should have stayed home. All the great fights he's had now he will be in the highlite reel being shown getting KTFO and loosing a tooth in his last fight. Damn, I hated seeing Nate get beat I was hoping Nick would jump in the cage and finish the fight for him but it didn't happen.If GSP and A Silva ever meet my money will be on Silva big time.... Not a bad night but I've seen alot better.

Jake Shields looked like a 4th grader in the octagon. I'm embarrassed for him. We were stunned when we heard 48-47. WTF? I had GSP 50-45. Shields got paid for standing flat-footed and throwing a few leg kicks....a few weak take down attempts. Just goes to show how much hype can ruin a fight. I'm very disappointed that Shields wasn't able to display his world class BJJ. We all knew that was not going to happen. The sad thing is....GSP only had vision out of one eye for 3 rounds....and Shields still couldn't do anything with him.

Hominick is a warrior. He was beat up but just wouldn't stop coming. I'll bet that softball on his head didn't feel too good. That thing was nasty!

Randy Couture-- ya, not a good way to go out. I feel bad for him. You could tell his body was really showing his age. His skin is real loose now and his definition is nearly gone. Hopefully he'll take this big paycheck and stay retired. Can't believe he got knocked out by a front kick. Pretty weak. He's a great guy and will always be one of the best fighters in history....that is undisputed.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON May-02-11 AT 08:17AM (MST)[p]Pretty good fights except for the main event. Jake had GSP blind in one eye and just never really took advantage of it. He should have been trying for the take down over and over until he got him down. His strength is Jujitsu and he made the whole fight a boring has azz boxing match.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom