ULMER EDGE BROAD HEAD

YukonDall

Long Time Member
JUST LOOKING FOR ANY EARLY REVIEWS, EXPERIENCES, OR INFO ABOUT THIS EXPANDABLE BROAD HEAD. I HEAR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE HEAD HAS BEEN GOOD..........I WILL CONSIDER THESE DOWN THE ROAD.

THANKS...............YD.

Ive shot them out to 100 yards. They fly perfect for me. I havent killed anything with them but know a few friends that have and they have been more than pleased.

Mathews Z7
Easton FMJ 340
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

THANKS UTAHMULIES......I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A BH THAT YOU CAN SHOOT AS A FIELD TIP BY PINNING BACK THE BLADES SO THEY WONT DEPLOY WHILE PRACTICING ON TARGETS.

THANKS.............YD.

I decided to give them a try. They flew great. Yes you can put in a set screw and practice with them. Shot a buck at 50 yards. Complete pass thru. Broadhead worked great. 40 yard blood trail with lots of blood.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-12 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]I shot a little buck in UT with them on August 18th at 87 yards. Complete pass through and stuck about one inch in a scrub oak behind him. He ran less than 80 yards. The hole looked the same as they did with the RAGE I use to shoot. I'll be using them on elk here in NM soon. I'll keep you posted! So far I love how they fly and kill.

I shot a fairly large bodied buck a couple of days ago quartering away from me. The arrow entered toward the back of the deer and stopped when the BH hit the front shoulder on the opposite side. The deer did not go far and the entry hole was huge.It stayed in the deer the entire time and did a lot of damage cutting both forward and backward (unique to this BH) while the deer was moving.

I'm sold.

I hate to be that "guy" but I believe the Ramcat bh was the first to sharpen the blades on the back side. Probably another company did a long time ago that I have no idea about but the Ramcat long before the Edge.

Ryan

I HAVE NOT KILLED ANYTHING WITH IT YET, BUT A HOG HUNT IS IN PLACE. I ALSO AM IMPRESSED WITH THE FIELD TIP ACCURACY I HAVE FOUND. I HEAR THERE SELLING REAL WELL.

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR A FEW MORE KILL COMMENTS/PICS IF POSSIBLE, THANKS FOR THE INFO.............YD.

581635_441248092585335_1942312645_n.jpg

I realize I would be considered "biased", but I killed this bull with an ULMER EDGE this year (my first elk with this broadhead design). The broadhead performed very well, the bull was down in about 10 seconds.

Good luck!

Darn Dan?I got a red X in place of the picture. Bias or not, do you have entry and exit wound pictures? I love to see big holes in Elk.

GBA

WELL DAN.......THAT IS ANOTHER GREAT BULL YOU STUCK FOR SURE !!!
I SUPPORT YOU & YOUR COMPANY.......BUT YOU REALLY SUCK PUTTING ALL THESE BIG BULL PICS UP .......(JUST KIDDIN).......YOUR KILLING ME SLOWLY THOUGH !!! I GOT 17 ARIZONA ELK POINTS & NEXT YEAR I GET MY TAG........TAKE ER EASY.........YD.

Sorry, I didn't take any entry/exit pics.... The broadhead is in good enough shape to use again though.

Bticked, don't quote me on this but I believe Grim Reapers fixed blade heads were the first to sharpen the backside of the blade before ram cat was even developed.

Anyone have any entry exit pic?s with the Ulmer heads?

GBA

Here is a pic of my buck and the entry hole with the Ulmer Edge. He was angled away up hill and the arrow ended up stopping on the opposite shoulder. It did some real damage as he ran.

6703p1060161.jpg

6550p1060142.jpg

My first go with the Ulmers was early in antelope season, I shot a very nice buck and the broad head broke one rib nearly vertical on entry and exited breaking two ribs horizontally on the way out! I pulled the arrow out of the dirt and it still spun true, the blade edges were rolled slightly from hammering bone and dirt but what was impressive was that both blades were still intact (which is not common on the popular competitor) Entrance and exit wounds were both impressive and awesome blood trail for the whole 70 yds he ran.
I have never been sold on expandables but the accuracy and performance of these have convinced me enough that they are in my quiver for my coveted mountain goat tag!

I finally bought a set of these and am so far very impressed how they've performed in practice. Will try them on an animal soon. Seems to be a solid head with a great design.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom