unbelievable elk find!

REDDOG---It's no joke. It was a monster bull up in Minnesota in an area where they reintroduced elk. He jumped a fence in deep snow and actually flipped over on his back and his rack got stuck in the snow and mud. He died right there because he couldn't get back upright and the G&F Dept. let the people who found him have the rack after they determined there was no foul play involved.

I thought they got him unstuck out of the snow/Mud?? I thought the guy who rescued him watch him for a day or so after and he laid down and died? I think he had punctured himself somewhere in the fall and eventually died from that injury? I could be totally off?

>I thought they got him unstuck
>out of the snow/Mud?? I
>thought the guy who rescued
>him watch him for a
>day or so after and
>he laid down and died?
>I think he had punctured
>himself somewhere in the fall
>and eventually died from that
>injury? I could be totally
>off?

Your story is correct. Guys got him flipped back over, one of them went back a day or two later and tracked the elk which only went a couple hundred yards. They dermined he wouldn't make it so a game warden came and put it down, and gave the guy the antlers.

Lien2

Yes they freed him but he died a short time later not far from where he was stuck. That's a big old bull!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-11 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]Yep, you are right. I forgot that they did get him out and then watched him die. Nobody put him down, but the G&F did do an autopsy after they were called to the scene to rule out foul play before letting the guy keep the rack. Sorry about that---another 63 year old brain fart, LOL!!!

>If it was 25 below zero,
>How did the elk antlers
>get burried 8-10" deep into
>the mud?

Snow insulates the ground and doesn't freeze that hard early in winter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom