Unit 10 4th season

silverstem

I was looking at a unit 10 landowner 4th season cow tag for my wife. I have never hunted unit 10 and was wondering in your opinion how the elk hunting would be. It would be my wife's first elk hunt. We have hunted unit 21 a few times and was wondering if the terrain is the same??Do the elk migrate to unit 10?? Does a landowner tag allow us to hunt on public??
Thanks

Landowner tag does not allow you to hunt public and with the LO tag you must still procure private land to hunt. Which is not the easiest thing to do in 10.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

If it is a landowner voucher, you can hunt public land, as well as the private land the tag is issued to. If it is a leftover Private Land Only tag, you are restricted to private land, and you are on your own in finding a landowner that will allow you to hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-12 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]It is a landowner voucher.Was wondering if It was worth 200.We have never hunted unit 10 and was just wondering how the elk hunting was, it seems to take alot of peference points for a bull tag..

The elk hunting is great. 4th season can be tough if there has been no weather. The thing with Unit 10 is there ARE elk somewhere.

The biggest ticket for success I would recommend would be to get a Garmin GPS and the Colorado gps hunting map chip.

No one place is going to be better then the other on the whole unit. There could be elk anywhere. Head northbound at Elk Springs and go from there.

If its a land owner vouthcer it should be good for anywhere. Seems $200 is the going rate for them.

Todd

I have hunted area 10 several times for cow elk. Send me a pm with your number and I will help you out with some areas to start looking.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom