unit 11/211

L

LARRYDEAN30

THE LAST TIME I WAS HUNTING IN COLORADO WAS 2005.I WAS WANDERING IF ANYBODY HAD ANY INFO ON UNITS 11/211.I WAS THINKING ON PUTTING IN FOR THE 2ND OR 3RD SEASON.I HAVE HUNTED UNIT 22 BEFORE AND LIKED THIS AREA OF COLORADO.IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS PLENTY OF BLM LAND IN THE UNITS.I WAS WANDER IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS HUNTED THE AREAS AND WHAT THE SEEN AND THOUGHT OF THE UNITS?

If you're looking to hunt deer, you should check the preference point requirements to draw these units. It's not as easy as it used to be. I know 22, in particular, requires a few to draw. Elk shouldn't be an issue.

Deer or elk? Also the herds are not close to what they once were pre07/08. The the flip side is there are a lot less hunters than there once were especially in unit 11. You can find elk and deer n the units year round but later with snow is a lot better. They are decent units but nothing awesome...

I usually hunt 11 every year in one way or another. Be careful as the private is a bit more tricky in 11 than 22. There is a lot that is up fenced and minimally marked.

I hunt elk in 11 every year. Where we are there are basically zero deer. Once in a while we see one, but very rare. I don't buy a deer tag there and I would not recommend to anyone. Keep in mind that I am only talking about the small portion of unit 11 that I hunt. It is a big unit and I am sure there are better parts of it for deer than the part I hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom