Unit 13 2nd Hunt Success.

NMELKOHOLIC

Why Not!
I am not big on posting on forms but the looks of this years hard hunting from everyone not to many fellow archery hunters where successful.

I was in the same boat as everyone.
Rain every day and night. (Stuck Twice)
Real limited bugling.
Cow calling would completely shut them up.
Elk were in there bedding areas before day break.
Elk were coming out of there bedding areas after sunset.

One morning I heard a bull bugling slightly so I silently got with in 100 yards of him with out making any types of calls. I was in timber so thick I knew there was no way I could get closer so I decided to start bugling hard and raking the trees to see what would happen and that is where he came unglued. With in 5 minutes he was headed in my direction to fight where I stuck him at 15 yards . Again this happed around 9:30 am where I was shock to see what just unfolded so quickly due to what has occurred the previous 5 days of hunting.
Me and my hunting partner had decided that what ever comes in our path of being successful regardless of gender we where going to take a shot.

The good lord was looking over my shoulder that morning and was so ever blessed to see what I had taken.

For you Muzzleloaders and Rifle hunters out there that have hunts coming up good luck to each and everyone of you because a bad day hunting sure beats a good day at work.

9414img_0786.jpg

Nice Bull!! Great Story!!

Im leaving Friday for 13 to scout for a week for my sons youth hunt coming up and I cant wait!!!

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your kind gestures. It's folks like you that make this site enjoyable.

Happy Hunting!
Martin

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom