Unit 13 Antelope

Bruinbrewin

I know any antelope tag (in any state)is a good one, because you are huntin speed goats! What can I expect from unit 13? Is a 14 inch goat possible or larger? Not sure what to expect other than I know I will have fun. Just wondering how much fuel and beer to take. Any issues filling a tag near Datil? Good luck to all who drew!!!!
THX
BB

I'd say 14" is selling yourself short. I've seen some absolute bruisers in there, just depends where I guess.

13 is VLA and some monsters come from there... Not to get greedy but you A) won't draw that tag every year B)If you have a goat tag with real potential this is it.

That being said and being riffle don't go out and pop the first thing you see honestly it should be fairly easy to shoot a 70" goat but I would be looking for anything like that and up!

not familiar with 13 goats other than there are some big-uns in there. but if you drew the rifle hunt wont you get assigned to a ranch?

My 11 Year old son drew one of the youth only tags for 7,9,12, and 13. Can't wait to start the scouting. First goat tag anyone in my family has ever drawn.

Thanks guys, I drew one of the ranch hunts that I will get assigned. I haven't seen where I find out, all I know is I was told I have a unit 13 tag by Datil. I guess I figured it did not matter too much with a ranch only tag but it sounds like there are some decent lopes in 13 so maybe one will wander onto the ranch I get assigned. Will they let me know where I got the tag? My buddy is out of touch right now and he didn't say if he knew what ranch.
THX
BB

It is a rifle tag and I will get assigned a ranch, my buddy told me Unit 13 by Datil but did not tell me the ranch.I guess I figured it doesn't matter which ranch if there are lopes in the unit then they would likely get pushed around. But yes it is a ranch only tag.
THX
BB

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom