unit 17 mule deer

took an elk and a deer off of 17 last year

PM me if you want to ill help you out

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

I have hunted the January Archery hunt twice. Tough hunt, with low deer populations. That being said, I would rather be hunting in January than waiting for August.

PM me if interested. I am happy to share.

My son drew the youth tag there last year. We were there over Thanksgiving weekend. Great looking country- we mostly hunted the transition country just below where the ponderosas start. We found a few deer- He passed on a little fork horn the second night hoping for something bigger. Not deer running around on every ridge, but there are some deer in there. And not too many people in there on the youth hunt.

Just something to think about: the rocks on those FS roads are like razors. I punctured the sidewall of might front tire on Thanksgiving day, put the spare on, and got a flat coming out with no more spares. Towing bill for my truck and the trailer was 429.00. Oh yeah, and the wrecker had a flat on the way to get us. My tires aren't overly meaty, but two flats in three days...

We hunted the southeast side down the mountain a bit from Springtime Campground. PM me if you want and I can tell you what I learned while I was there.

WH

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom