Unit 17 youth deer

formust

My kids drew for the youth hunt in 17. Been scouting a few areas but it is real dry and not much animals. If any elk hunters or deer hunters would like to share what they have seen, my kids would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

My daughter has that tag, as well. We have been down scouting a few times, but plan to crank up the glassing sessions here in the next week or so. I will keep you posted.

Were taking my buddies boy down there this year, not for the youth hunt however. If you all would be willing to share some info, we would really appreciate it too.

Ryan

You guys might check into the summer time camp ground area. Find a good map that shows the springs and watering holes and start there. Being hot they maybe up higher and deeper in the wilderness.

Anyone have any success on deer in 17? I've been scouting the last few days for my daughters youth hunt, but we have only turned up does and forkies.

No, just click on forums on mm main page. Above the listed forums you will see a toolbar with am option for inbox. Click on this, u need to logged in.

We hunted 3 days and glassed up a ton of deer and elk, but didn't come across any mature bucks. We probably saw 60+ does, 8-10 spikes, 4 forkies, one small 3x3, 4 nice bulls, and 15-20 cows/calves. We are hoping that the weather gets a little colder and some of the mature bucks start joining up with the herds of does we located. We are planning on going back and hunting the weekend of Dec 8-9th.

How about an update on how the youth hunts went, just trying to decide if it would be a decent experience for my 14 year olds first trip out west.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom