Unit 2 early rifle elk

adamwipp07

My father drew his once in a life time tag and I will be going to along to help
him. Was wondering if any one has hunted walker ranch? If so what did they think about it. Any other info on unit would be greatly appreciated

My father hunted unit 2 and I tagged along as you are doing 2 years ago on a deer hunt. I would not bother spending money to hunt that ranch unless ya'll are mobility impaired. When you get to Walker's gate on Douglas Mtn road a 4 wheeler trail veers to left and runs down the property line a long ways. We saw nice bulls a couple different places back from the ranch though. The best thing you can do is allow yourself plenty of time to hunt and you should be happy in the end.

Thanks for advise. My father is not mobility impaired, but he does have some issues walking more than a mile or two being he has had two need surgerys and has a fack hip. How far does the ATV trail goin? does it make it all the way to Dinosaur National Park.

Also how did your father inlaws deer hunt go? What season were you guys out there. I have 14 point for deer and was looking at possibly a second or third season rifle hunt some year

Adam,
I returned your pm a while back but haven't heard from you. Give me a shout and I can help you out as much as I can. No need, IMHO to pay for the Walker ranch. It was bone dry last year, and we still saw tons of elk.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom