Unit 2 successes?

shedcrazy

Very Active Member
I've scanned through all the posts looking for any magnificent unit 2 animals but didnt notice anything. Have any of you heard of any trophy quality animals coming out of unit 2 this year?

I didn't see many good ones taken in unit 2 this year. I had the last rifle hunt and after hunting our tails off my brother and I took a couple small 3x3's on the last day to fill the feezer.

Justin

we hunted the last hunt to and we got a big 12 pt and a big 6 and i shot a fork lot of deer

I was up for opening day of the late archery season on Tuesday. Got within 40yds of a ~160" 4X4, then stepped on a patch of crunchy snow and he was gone. That was the biggest I saw all day. Lots of small 3x3s and forks running around though. Gonna be a tough game for the archery hunt once this last snow gets crunchy!

here is a picture of the one I took on Thursday. Not the biggest but due to conditions I did pretty good getting this one. It was below zero in the mornings keeping the deer in thier beds and the snow was crunchy.

121deer_jan_2013_012.jpg

We have been out in 2B hitting it hard the last 6 days. Have had several close calls on some really nice bucks, but the crunchy snow is making it difficult to seal the deal. Hoping to get back on this buck tonight.

Jan2BArchery_zps2b1f1a72.jpg

Jan2BJan1_zpsd0cffdbe.jpg

That's a great looking buck Hope you close the distance.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

We hunted 2B the first 5 days, saw some decent bucks, nothing huge, but couldn't get closer than 150 yards. That crunchy snow, cold temps, and all the does makes it tough.

My buddy is still there and saw a guy shoot a 170 class (or so they say) 3x3. I wasn't there, but he helped load it in the truck and says it was a nice buck.

Tough hunt this year. Not many big ones around.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-13 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]26 inch inside spread g2 are 17" G3 are 15" plus eyeguards 2.5 inches= 172 and 4/8 gross . son also with a 4x4, excellent hunt
79051357657075075.jpg

7953january_deer_hunt_007.jpg

This is my 2c buck that I got on the 2nd evening. He was one of only a few that I saw that was still rutting. He doesn't score well at all, but he is the biggest buck I have ever shot.

Thanks guys. I am more than happy with him. And, he will definitely be on my wall

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom