Unit 2 Youth Turkey Hunt

WapitiDave

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-11 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]My Niece drew a unit 2 youth turkey hunt. I've never been up there this time of year. Are the turkeys spread out up ther this time of year? We were thinking of heading up to Caracas Mesa. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We only have a few days to get out and try to get her a shot. Thanks again.

WD

Good place to start. Last I saw (a month ago) they were still grouped up. My dog found a flock of about 75 and broke em all up so maybe she helped spread em out for you! Turkeys need water every day and it has been dry, so find some water and grass.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I would definetly try Carracas..I was up there yesterday and the toms were making alot of noise.There was a nice tom with some hens that crossed the road in front of me.

Thanks for the replies. We will probably head up to Caracas. Hopefully we can get her into some birds. Thanks again.

WD

Im not sure exactly when your heading up, but we are getting rain, and I believe more is predicted for this weekend. So good tires and chains are a good idea. Have fun hunting and good luck
Troutbum

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom