Unit 22 3rd season Deer/Elk

J

JLAMBY55

I am planning to hunt unit 22 3rd season for Deer. I am also thinking about buying a OTC bull elk tag. How is the elk hunt 3rd season in unit 22? Also if anyone has any suggestions on areas to start scouting for Deer/Elk it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Elk are pretty much hit or miss there. look around the northern boundary and poke around in there. Some resident elk hanging around pvt moving back and forth.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Been there a few times 3rd season in the last 6 or 7 years and I would not waste my $$ on an Elk tag, saw very few cows and no Bulls. And with the point creep for Deer we are starting to look for a new area where we can find decent Elk hunting and hunt Deer more than every 3 or 4 years.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-12 AT 02:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-12 AT 02:25?PM (MST)

I agree with moosey, we have hunted the unit the 3 times in the last 5 years for deer and we are done. We always hunted the north end and the people and the drilling and roads everywhere have killed the deer heard there. In 3 years we saw 2 cow elk. We hunted 3rd season everytime and it is pathetic. We would stay out all day walking and glassing canyon after canyon and saw nothing. Even in a foot of snow, still nothing and less tracks. Thats what i can tell you about the north end of the unit. Not worth the points at all for deer, save them

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom