UNIT 22 3RD SEASON

silverstem

Was just wondering if anyone has been up in 22 looking around yet?we have scouted this unit numerous times and havent seen much,mainly the peanace creek to the catheradel ridge area, I think rd 5 over to rd 24. is that decent hunting during the 3rd season??we diddnt see to many camping areas? any suggestions?drop me a pm and lets compair some notes...thanks.

3rd season I think you are better off staying in a motel, that gumbo mud is a pain and will be everywhere.. JMHO...

Be prepared, 4wd is a must and carry chains..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Rio Blanco Lake would be decent to camp at with a camper or tent for Peanace Creek. For Catherdral bluffs Camper Park in Rangely would be good too. BLM in 22 that time of year can be tough with relationship to the weather. Prepare for the worst. Almost forgot, there is some great camping sites on top of Stedmund Mesa too. (Sorry about the spelling).

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Thanks guies for the info. What is to be expected in unit 22 3rd season for elk? never hunted the unit.We did hunt unit 21 last year and do remember the mudd!!! Diddn't know if peanace of catherdral was worth our time?

We have hunted 3rd season in the pieance creek area for 4 years now and saw a total of 3 elk (over 1/2 mile away) and the weather was horrible every time. The roads are impassible by vehicle unless you stick to the main gas roads. I would not waste my time or money there again

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom