Unit 24 Mimbres access

stevie

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-11 AT 06:42PM (MST)[p]Both my daughter and I drew Unit 24 deer. I want to scout the Southern end of the Mimbres range which is surrounded by "white" (private land) on my BLM maps. I do see some roads on the maps cutting through the private into the public.

Can the area I mentioned be accessed through the Mimbres Valley and/or the Southern tip, or will I have the same trespassing problem crossing private land to get to public discussed at length here recently?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-11 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]I've got a good feeling that a few big ones are lurking there in the Mimbres. I remember a guy in college who killed one there in around 1991. It was an honest Booner (or at least VERY VERY close). I've always wanted to try my luck up there. Hopefully I can haul my fat self up the hill well enough to make that happen--assuming of course I don't have to break the law in the process.

Muley or Whitetail?
I drew a muley tag in 24 this year. Hunted coues down there 2 years ago. Its an awesome area. I hunted north of pinos altos and there is plenty of forest and ways to get around.
Good Luck to you both!

Good luck to you as well. I drew 2nd rifle for muleys. My daughter drew the youth hunt which is either muley or Coues.

I know I can find plenty of accessbile public land in the Northern part of the Unit. I was hoping to scout the Southern end around the Mimbres and Cooke's ranges. I'm not sure I'll be able to get up into the Mimbres without trespassing.

Which hunt do you have? Maybe I'll see you up there and we can drink a beer.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom