Unit 25c/26 boulder area

Joeypman

drew general deer tag for oct17-25th never hunted this unit just looking for some info on roads and places to camp for a solo hunter just using his chevrolegs!! Areas above dixie lake and west fork reservoir look fun how is access to these places driving then hiking in?? Thanks for any info. Looking forward to this hunt.

I would say for that unit . I would stay in a house boat on Lake Powell and hike up to the deer. I have heard of a few good buck that have been taken down by the lake.

Even better I already own a bass boat I could save some money and just stay on it and fish during the morning and evening thanks man

Hummmm....... Hunting from the lake is something to consider....I'm thinking, smoke coming out of my ears.

FISH during the mornings and evenings? Really? Not when there's a hunt going on for me.
Early and late are THE times to be trying to fill a deer tag, not trying to catch a slippery flipper!
Good luck and have fun.
Zeke

I was being sarcastic I figured I was getting smoke blown up my $$$ I plan on hunting hard the whole time. Have talked to the biologist and found some other info. And spent many hours on caltopo and google earth. Any other info would be appreciated. Or should I say any info at all. Thanks

BIGJOHNT advise is a viable option. There are a few 200 inch deer that will come down to the lake. You might consider areas where the Escalante flows. Not very many deer but a chance to see a real whopper.

Yes, it may have sounded like I was joking. But I know a few of the guys that run cattle on the Utah side. They take some big bucks out of that country. The weather also helps to push even more deer into the area. Don't discount the lake, everything goes to water out there.

Thanks for the reply just seemed a little far fetched to me. I had plans to hunt around Boulder but I may do some more research. Thanks a bunch.

Powell is a lonnngggg shot, not saying it's impossible, but Boulder is a good unit and I personally would invest my time in other parts of the unit.

Any hints on to what other parts of the unit ??
I will be wall tent camping so I wanna try and find a good area that's not to far away from camp Boulder so far has looked like my best bet. But I do not know much about this unit at all.. Thanks for any help

I will be west of Boulder. South of Antimony around Mud Lake. This will be my first time hunting this area. Going off of about 30 years of hunting info for this area from some good friends. I too will be in a wall tent.

In this area I'm told no shortage of deer, just have to put the time in for a big buck. Last year they were seeing on avg 20-25 bucks/day.

The deer really look good on Boulder this year!

Arrowed this Boulder buck last Tuesday ( Aug 18th )with my bow.
379620c9b26a.jpg

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

I spent all of last week on the Boulder unit,
sure noticed a lot deer showing up on the winter grounds..

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom