Unit 27 Archery with Horses

B

bbgellerman

I have the option of taking horses on my Unit 27 Archery Hunt this year. I have never hunted 27 but I have hunted NM Unit 23 on the other side of the border. I notice there are a couple Wilderness Areas in 27 (Blue and Bear Wallow). We scouted the Blue on horses on the NM side and there was little elk sign. I read on the AZGFD website that Alma Mesa, Red Mountain, and Rose Peak are good areas for big bulls. Keeping in mind feed and water for the horses, where would you go if you had this tag and wanted to utilize horses in the wilderness areas? PM me if you prefer.

Hard to say right now as everything has changed since the Wallow fire. The elk have moved out of the burned areas, Bear Wallow and such as there is no food for them. The Blue river area is always a good area, rocky and lots of elk but you gotta know where you are going. It is rough, but if you are willing to rough it you can find a good bull in the Blue.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom