unit 2B campground question

dugandeer

Just looking for information places to camp during the november 6-10 hunt. We will have a 12x14 wall tent. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Buzzard Park Camp ground is a place where u can camp! if u hunt north part of 2B. there is another overflow camp in southern part. Gasbugsy or something (can't remember the name)

Try Caracass Mesa area and Banco wash. Good luck! hope to see some pictures

vinihunt

where are you gonna hunt? north or south? there are tons of spots to put up tents or campers all ove the place. north will be crowded as heck so hope you don't cherish your privacy cause you won't have it! Good luck!!

Really will depend on wether you hunt north or south or somewhere in between. There is no lack of spots to camp. If I remember correctly, Buzzard Park Campground doesn't have any amenities like toilets (maybe some fire pits) that would make it any more attractive than a non-defined camp area.

Tons of good camping spots along the road, I camped up by Cedar rock, But Buzzards Campground had alot of hunters in it and they was all having a good time after dark.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I believe we are going to be hunting north. however I really don't want to be in a crowded and loud campground if at all possible. Sounds like there is some areas and places to camp along the roads. So I guess thats probably what we will end up doing. Thanks so much for thehelp. Also from that are of the unit. where is the closest place to get gas? Blanco?

I'm not even sure Blanco has gas anymore but Dulce isnt too far away. I have found some nice quiet spots on the south side. The north side has always been a big party in the more common camping areas.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]Find a spot you like & pitch your tent! Just don't camp close to a water hole.

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 09:03PM (MST)[p]from up north in 2B it takes over a hour just to get back to the main road, Just haul in a few 5 gal cans full of gas.

OR have one of the oilfield guys bring in some with him the next time he comes up the hill.It would be cheaper to pay him to do it then to drive to town.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thanks so much for information on the gas cans that will really help out. I would not have thought of doing that. Thanks for the all the responses and help.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom