unit 2b rain

sdmuleybuck

Just curious if unit 2b has been getting some of the rain that other parts of the State has got lately. I will be down there in September looking for a big resident buck.

No 2B has not gotten any of the rain the other areas have gotten. Loogs good for this week but we'll have to wait and see. WE had a OK winter and good spring, so horn growth should be good, problem is that early hunt is rough to say the least. 1-2 week scouting will find you some springs and other areas bucks are hitting, but the low number of deer this time of year does not help you much. Have a fun hunt, its a tough but great hunt because you could shoot a 200" buck any day!!!

Chris Guikema
www.compasswestoutfitters.com

Chris,

Thanks for the info on the weather. I have been down there four previous times early rifle and have an idea of where some water may be located. I hope to start there. I am looking for one opportunity in a weeks time if it happens it happens. Should be fun regardless as this is my favorite place to hunt mule deer.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom