Unit 3 - 4th Season

cheeseheadinOHIO

Hunting unit 3 on some private land in the 4th season with an either sex tag. What do you think my odds are and of those odds, what do you think they are for a bull? We will be located about half way up the unit, or west of 4 Mile Ranch on the other side of the highway. I leave in almost two weeks guys... help me get pumped up.
Thanks.
Cheese

Cheese,

Let me know when you find out where they are. I've got the same tag, I'll be on public land though.

Just left unit 3 this morning. 3 inches of snow, bucks are starting to rut. We killed 2 25" 4pts, a 23 inch 3 pt and a 21 inch 3pt. Your going to see some monsters. Be patient. If you get the weather the elk will be piling in there. Good luck!!

If the weather patterns keep bringing the snow, they should be in there no problem. Snow is always the deciding factor in 3. Good chance of getting a bull. Nothing gigantic, but definitely respectable. We have taken a few nice 6x6's in the past. The elk always seem to pile up on private land after a bit of pressure. Hope you got the right section of private. If you aren't seeing them, PM me and I can give you a few public spots we have taken bulls on.

I had this tag in 2008. We had access to private land but the bucks just were not the size we had hoped for. I ended up taking a nice 7x8 buck on the STL near the border on the way to Baggs. You should be in for a fun hunt. Best of luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom