Unit 30 deer? Point banking ?

muzzhunter

Was wondering which hunt would be better for bigger bucks? Also wondering if anyone thinks that colorado will bring back point banking again in the next 4-5 years?
Thanks,
Dave

First of all you ask "which hunt would be better"? The only thing you put was "Unit 30 deer" in the heading, what exactly are you asking? And on point banking I don't think they will bring it back anytime soon but who knows.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-10 AT 05:42AM (MST)[p]

Yes, I think that unit 30 generally has about the same quality bucks as unit 30. LOL I assume you mean which hunt in unit 30 (muzzleloading, 2nd rifle, 3rd rifle, etc.)? Sorry, can't help you there.

Point banking was debated pretty hard this year and turned down. Doubt it will be back anytime soon.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Sorry guys, I guess I should have read my message a little more thoroughly before I started spouting off, lol! What I was wondering about is the muzzleloader compared to the 3rd season rifle. It looks like they take about the same amount of points for a non-resi. The question about point banking is because if they were to bring it back I think I'd like to hit a lesser point unit back to back. If not I've gotta unload these points and get some hunting in. Sorry for my lack of information or explaination before.
Thanks,
Dave

How about has anyone hunted either the muzzleloader or 3rd season for this unit? If so any thoughts on that particlar hunt?

Hunted 30 3rd season last year. The 3rd season a week later this year will be your best bet. It was a good hunt last year.

Thanks for the info. How did you do? What size bucks were you seeing? I applied for 3rd season but it's doubtful I will draw.

its a guarantee point banking will not come again for at least 5 years, they just approved their 5 year plan so no changes till the next one.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Coyoteslayer, if you were PMing me it didn't come through. I'd be interested in hearing any info you may have.
Thanks,
Dave

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom