unit 31

Does anybody have current info on the buck quality in unit 31? I am considering it for a second choice option for this up coming draw. 2nd and 3rd seasons will be on my list.

You cant draw 2nd or 3rd season in 31 as 2nd choice.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCol...g/BigGame/Statistics/2011/2011DEERDrawSum.pdf

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

The guzzler the DOW put in for the transplanted bighorn sheep would be a good spot,if you knew where it was. There's always a lot of deer tracks around it. But, I'm going to draw that tag...

I have never hunted in unit 31. My father hunted there in the 80's and my grandfather in the 50's. So i was thinking of trying the 2nd season as a 4th choice option.

I would not burn 8 points on a unit I could draw on first choice with no points unless I had a special deer pinned down.

It would be a very poor decision on your part to burn 8 points in 31. Are you sure your not thinking of unit 21? As said before your not going to draw any tag in 31 as second third, or fourth choice. With the points you have you could get a 4th season tag in a good unit and have a chance at a good buck. Burning 8 points on any 2nd season tag would be foolish. If you are rifle hunting 3rd or fourth season is your best bet.
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

You can't draw unit 31 second choice. Zero was the "minimum" required to draw 31 2nd season. Not everyone that applied 1st choice with 0 points drew. That means there is 0% chance of you drawing it as a second choice if application numbers stay the same. So what could you expect? Most likely you could expect to be sitting at home watching re-runs of Eastman's Hunting TV during 2nd season. But if you want to try...go for it.

I WOULD SIT ON THE POINTS FOR A COUPLE YEARS . LET THE HERD COME BACK ABIT AND THEN GET AFTER IT....THE SURROUNDING STATES ARE PROBABLY GOING TO BE BETTER THAN UNIT 4...I HUNTED IT LAST YEAR ON A 2ND CHOICE,,2ND SEASON AND IT WAS TOUGH...HUNTED PUBLIC AND COULD NOT FIND A MATURE BUCK...I AM SURE SOME FOLKS DID BETTER THAN I BUT THE MEAT LOCKERS IN CRAIG DIDNOT REFLECT THAT TO BE TRUE AND I NEVER SAW A MATURE BUCK HANGING IN ANY CAMP...BIG DIFF FROM A FEW YEARS AGO...

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INFO GUYS. I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MORE YEARS BEFORE I CAN HUNT BUCKS AGAIN UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS OF A DECENT 2ND CHOICE DRAW

If you want to hunt bucks then look at the units that can be drawn 2nd choice and pick one. Why sit at home?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom