Unit 34

Joeypman

Looking for some info on buffalo creek camp site and grave springs campsite. How accessible are the areas if there has been some weather. Plan on pulling a 5x8 trailer w/ quad. Vehicle is a 2010 tundra 4x4. I will be wall tent camping for a solo hunt. If it's to sketchy what would be some other areas that would be camp worthy. Have read all the posts about this unit so I think I may be in the right area for a decent buck. Any help would be much appreciated. Also what would be a good (make sure you bring..) list. Since I will be going solo I don't wanna be up $$$$ creek if I get stranded for a couple days or longer. As far as fire wood is there wood accessible if I bring a chainsaw or will I have to haul in. This will be my second leg of a three week excursion. Hunting Utah first starting on October 16 will most likely hunt for at least 5 days there then head on up to Wyoming for the rest of the season. Super excited about this trip I just wanna make sure I have all my ducks in a row. Thanks again

More precise.....DEER...ELK...ANTELOPE...all 3 are different units.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-15 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]>More precise.....DEER...ELK...ANTELOPE...all 3 are different units.
>
>
>Brian
>http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Those two campgrounds are in area 34 DEER and he said "buck".

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-15 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]Too late in season to risk being up on the mountain and too far from the rest of the area. Camp down below on some BLM ground. Better have a GPS with ownership, lots of private land throughout the area, but plenty of public to hunt also.

Last year there were camps in both of those locations until the end of the season. The year before, you couldn't have got up there after the first week of Oct. It all depends on the weather. You can get cell service at the top of Shepperson Hill and a number of high spots out there. I saw a smoker buck just south of the Clapp Spring last season. However, that area wouldn't be my first choice given all the elk hunters...

I've been out in the area bowhunting antelope this year. I would definitely camp down lower than the campgrounds. One new thing about the area I've found that is different than years past is the buffalo creek ranch is now a walk in area. There is great looking canyons for deer that you now have access to.

Thanks for the responses guys !! So still wondering about fire wood?? Do I need to pack it in or is there wood available via chainsaw? And of course any other help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

>Thanks for the responses guys !!
>So still wondering about fire
>wood?? Do I need to
>pack it in or is
>there wood available via chainsaw?
>And of course any other
>help or info would be
>greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

At the present time there is an open fire ban in Natrona County. It will take a lot of moisture to lift it, which means you won't be camping on the mountain.

Off the hill the firewood will be along the pine ridges, but don't count on having a fire.

From the blm Wyoming website

Under fire restrictions the following acts are prohibited :
? Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire except within agency-provided fire grates at developed recreation sites, or within fully enclosed stoves with a 1/4" spark arrester type screen, or within fully enclosed grills, or in stoves using pressurized liquid or gas.
? Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
? Operating a chainsaw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arrester properly installed and working, a chemical fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity by weight, and one round point shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches.
? Using a welder, either arc or gas, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame, except in cleared areas of at least 10 feet in diameter with a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity.

So looks like as long as I have a 1/4 inch spark arrester for wall tent stove and a fire extinguisher and round shovel for cutting fire wood I will be good. Any one else interpret this different.

Natrona County ban will supersede BLM rules within the county. Call Natrona County Gov or Fire district to get their rules.

Your stove may be just fine, but I'm not sure.

Thanks to all the replies will be leaving tomorrow for my first stop in Utah then headed that way for the last part of the season!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom