Unit 36 Deer

C

cflong

We drew Unit 36 Deer for Nov 5 - 9. Any ideas would be appreciated. Camp or motel hunt? Hike in camp or truck camp? We are each just interested in a deer, size does matter some, but a good time with a good hunting epxerience is very important. If you can give any bits of info I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chuck Long

I'm in the same unit, but archery. I think I may only be hunting the late season because I have a bear hunt smack dab in the middle of the Sep season. I plan on making a scouting trip or two though, I'll be happy to share info.

My buddy and I drew the late rifle tag in 36. I'm pretty pumped since I didn't get to do any big game hunting last year because I was on convoy duty in Iraq. Cant wait for the forest to open up so I can do a little scouting.

Appreciate it guys, will return the favor, though my info will come immediately prior to and during the hunt. Live in AR and will have a daughter who will be a senior in high school, dont want to miss anything I dont have to so doubt I get to make a scouting trip. Look forward to some info.

I also drew 36 archery, I wont be going until January I have never been down there before but it sounds like a decent hunt, I am in the same boat as Cflong as I am Not counting on a monster but would like to have a chance to get my first deer with a bow. Have you guys been on this hunt before? I have done some homework so if anybody wants to compare notes le me know.

Good luck to everyone,

I drew an archery tag and my dad drew the same tag you got. I have drove through the unit but never hunted it. I live in TX but plan on making several scouting trips. I'd be willing to take some pics, check out campgrounds, and share some info with you. I'm going to hunt Sept so I could have more info after the hunt.

I am assuming the deer will still be pre-rut? Food, sources, etc is what we will need to look for? Dont know much about MN mule deer, so gonna have to do some learning. I know the first week of Nov falls right during the whitetail rut here in AR, but am sure the rut there is a later. Appreciate any more info.
Thanks

Anyone got anything else to share about 36, either here or PM. Looking at maps, the unit can be divided into three sections, east of Stanton, Ski slopes area and blm land on west boundary. could anyone give me some comparison as to which would be best option to take a a buck, any buck. Also which one tends to hold the larger bucks. Thanks, Chuck

Doenob I was out there this past weekend deer hunting and I saw a Black bear right off forest road 443. He was about 1 mile past were 443 splits from 588. He was by him self and he looked pretty big. I am going back up this weekend looking for some more deer but I have had no luck since you are going later do you have any sugguestion on were to look?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom