unit 36 elk

dugandeer

This is my first year putting in for New Mexico and I drew a unit 36 elk tag for Oct 16-20. I was just wondering if anyone else has hunted this unit during this season? If so I would love to hear about your hunt and any possible pointers would be great. Thanks and good luck to all that drew.

This should be a fantastic hunt.We had a great winter and the elk should be very healthy this year.I have a landowner bow tag and have been scouting up here.Odds are looking good.

I have been teaching school and coaching in Ruidoso for 20 years.I am originally from Maxwell NM.It is great up here.

I drew the same hunt. Lots of possibilities. Depends on what type of hunt you want. If you want high rough mtns or flat mesa hunts you will find them. You have guides and outfitters that will work with you as well. PM me for more help. Lots of animals and good hunting conditions.

I have been involved with track,football,basketball and I am now with the high school baseball program.In my spare time, I am out chasing elk,deer and turkey.Congratulations on your draw.Should be a great year up here.,.If I can be of any help let me know.

ur a baseball coach in ruidoso? that brings back good memories. i can remember playing ball against the warriors when i was in high school that was some good batting practice. lol

btw if u hunt west of the inn of the mountain gods u should have a great time! tons of elk and the locals will be fun to deal with.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

My sis is a Counselor at Ruidoso HS and Alvarado was my neighbor when I lived in Roswell a few years back. He was a student at Berrendo Middle. I remember his Dad forcing him to play Baseball. Now he coaches! Good luck with your hunt. Talking about the Inn of them Mtn Gods. I've seen some really big bulls between there and Grindstone Dam (outside of the Rez). Unit 36 is good anywhere you go!

OUCH,,,,on the batting practice.Our baseball program hasnt been around for to long.I know the feeling,,,,,,though.We had a good year this year making it to the second round of state,,,losing to the eventual state champs,,bloomfield.My son is playing on the varsity so it makes it real interesting.Coach Alvarado has made a huge difference for our program and has brought some new insight.Pretty good teacher to,,,,,,tell your sis to come find me and introduce herself,,probably know her.Everyone calls me Coach Y.I saw several bulls on our side this morning,,,,things are loking good this year.

lol.. that was 1997 when i was playin against u guys. heck now I'd b happy just to be able to have a pitcher hit me wth a fast ball in the kidneys. god do i ever miss baseball.

theres a nice 340 bull hangin on that hill next to pizza hut. south side of pizza hut. just drive around in a minivan during season and u will blend in. should be able to shoot him from ur van.... lol

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

The elk are everywhere,,,not to mention all the deer.I have 4 nice bucks in my neighborhood.I have been keeping my eye on a herd of 35-40 with 6 bulls in the group,,,,sitting around eating pizza together.lol,,,I am so geared up for the hunt.Come to Ruidoso and we will throw the ball around and dodge all the deer on the field,,,,,be like bumper pool.Have a great one.

>The elk are everywhere,,,not to mention
>all the deer.I have 4
>nice bucks in my neighborhood.I
>have been keeping my eye
>on a herd of 35-40
>with 6 bulls in the
>group,,,,sitting around eating pizza together.lol,,,I
>am so geared up for
>the hunt.Come to Ruidoso and
>we will throw the ball
>around and dodge all the
>deer on the field,,,,,be like
>bumper pool.Have a great one.
>

SENT U a PM . Thanks for the help

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom