Unit 37

Ncole

Looking for some last minute advice before putting in for Wyoming. What could be expected from unit 37? It doesn't seem to be as popular as some of the others but that's not always a bad thing. I'm just curious what kind of bucks have been coming out of there and what the access and terrain is like? Any advice/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you talking antelope or deer? I'm assuming you're talking deer up around the Thermopolis area. The area is not know for big bucks and a person should be satisfied if they get a chance at anything over 150". Lots of broken terrain, with cuts, etc. and plenty of accessible land, especially under the Access yes programs.

Yeah sorry I was talking about deer. Is there a lot of public? I'm not trying to be lazy about my own research I'm just running out of time so I thought it was worth asking around. I'm not strictly going after score but I guess if 150" is high end that doesn't sound to good. Thanks for the reply.

If you click on this link from the G&F site you'll see that the northern half of the unit has a lot of public land. If you go to the public access setion of the G&F website you can see there is also a lot of private land under the Access Yes programs (WIHAs and HMAs). I'm sure there are bigger bucks than 150" in the unit just like in most areas, but they are probably few and far between and why I stated a realistic goal there would be a 150" class buck.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/accessto/GeoPDF/HuntAreas/Nonresident_Deer/Nonresident_Deer_Area_37.pdf

Thank you I appreciate your help. I decided just to hold off and I'll by a point this year. I couldn't make up my mind up to the last minute and don't want to regret putting in for a unit I haven't had time to research. Thanks again

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom