Unit 44 3rd or 4th season

mdndeer

If somehow I draw the 4th season(or 3rd) and they get regular snow will I need a 4 wheel drive truck? I will have my quad but will only have my 2 wheel drive truck. Not sure on the main county roads but just wondering. I can wait a year and will have a new truck but not for this year.

Appreciate any advice(my first post but have been lurking for a while).

Take Care

MDNDEER

At the very least I would have a good set of chains for the truck. Do you pull the quad on a trailer?

If the roads were dry you could do it but they most likely will not be. You could park where the roads turn to dirt and use your quad from there. Take your chains, as said, you may need them. I would not venture around without four wheel drive.

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

If I were going to spend as many points as it will take to draw those seasons, I would want every angle covered. I would hate to say: "if I had only had 4x4....."

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Do you know what Gypsum is? That's the name of one of the towns in 44 and when wet all the roads that don't have gravel or pavement are like gumbo mud. You may be best off renting a 4x4 truck. Some....like the newer Tundras aren't supposed to have chains on the front tires. A 4 wheeler ought to help but you may be doing a super long mucky drive if it's wet in pretty crummy weather!

The roads can get flat nasty in that country. Not many Novembers i can recall where i haven't had to chain up on all 4s to get in or out. Hardscrabble mountain road is typically pretty mellow unless the snow piles up but everything beyond that requires a capable rig or an atv/utv.

Coloradoboy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom