Unit 47 Late Deer!

elknut1

http://www.elknut.com
Vortex Optics Dealer

Anyone here hunt Muleys during the Now 15-30 late hunt in 47? We hunted the earlier hunt that ended Oct. 31. I was interested though how it went once the rut picked up? I can share any info I have on that unit as well & what we saw.

PM me if so desired or email me at [email protected] with any info--Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

I was there for the last weekend. I didn't have a tag I was just helping my friends grandson. He saw a a few 20" 4 points nothing bigger. In the last moments of the last day he shot a 2 point. That unit is a waste of time for me. Ron

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-11 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]I've ice fished salmon falls several times. It looks like it would be good hunting. I've thought about putting in for the October hunt,, how was it. I know Ron says its a waste of time, but it's always good to get two opinions. I figure that most of thet deer come out of the Jarbridge across the border in Nevada. So the more snow the better.

20 years ago and more it was great. I bow hunted it for years and rifle hunted it twice. I am sure that a good one comes out every year. You might get lucky. The odds to draw are not bad. Ron

Vortex Optics Dealer

Thanks for the response guys!

I asked because we saw near 150 doe's the 6 days we hunted there! We hunted the last 6 days of Oct. We did see a total of 16 bucks the time spent there, only 2 were 4 points the rest were one 3 point & all forked horns. I'm thinking the bigger guys may have moved in looking for the doe's come ruttin time!

We hunted danged near the entire unit during our stay from daylight till dark everyday & glassed a good 5-6 hours a day. We walked countless miles in an effort to get away from other hunters, the unit was packed with other hunters but we saw none while walking! The youth tag was still open then & we saw plenty of them driving roads with parents!

We took a 20" 4-point on the last day as that was all we could find, it was mighty slim pickens for the time spent there!

So, did anyone hunt the November hunt?

ElkNut1

How 'bout elk, did you see many..any?

I was told by a NV biologist that most of the Jarbidge deer go south and the elk go north, but the elk may move later than the end of Oct...just curious.

Vortex Optics Dealer

We saw two small groups of elk, one had 6 in it & all cows, they came running out of a small drainage & crossed the road at daylight right in front of us.

The 2nd group had 10 in it as far as we could tell, we glassed them a 1/2 mile away on a broken snow floor as they fed out of timber into the sage one evening. There was a single spike in this group. Both groups were west of the dam less that 10 miles away. No mature bulls were seen by us!

ElkNut1

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom