Unit 51 Cow Elk Hunt

AAA173

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-14 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]Well I was able to get my buddy on the elk the third day for his first elk hunt .Had a great time .

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-14
>AT 09:59?AM (MST)

>
>Well I was able to get
>my buddy on the elk
>the third day for his
>first elk hunt .Had a
>great time .

1215image.jpg

Congratulations, my son and I were also there. He was also successful on the third day. We made it back home in time for "moms" birthday.

Here?s the hunt got there on Friday got camp all set up .Rog this is his first Hunt ever he's a former Marine he did a few tours .Me I know the unit really well He told me get me on the Elk I won't miss ha-ha I said you ever had buck fever he said no I smiled .So Saturday morning opening day we go to a few good spots I know of and nothing. So we covered about 12miles on Saturday on foot no fresh sign .Rog tells me where they at I told it takes time patients and work. I said we will see them when we're not expecting it. So Sunday we go to a place I know there at good sign we set up on a water hole that night its almost end of legal shoot time I told him they come out about 10min before end of legal shoot . Sure thing about 5min left one cow two bulls show themselves.Rog got so excited I told him to wait she was at his 3 o?clock she went into the tree line I told him she's going to come out at your 12 o?clock there she was 250yrds away I told him to take it she sees us hurry I hear him say shoot she's gone he forgot to take off the safety Hashanah I told him buck fever. Monday I told him we will sleep in a little bit and just work this area we know there here. Monday I wake up about 6am walk out of the camper to use the restroom look about 500 yrds away into this field there was 12 in this field im in my boxers and boots I run to the camper telling Rog to get his dam rifle there in the field we run about a mile to cut them off an there they where I guessed 250 270 yrds away he takes his shot down she goes she got up and ran in to the tree line we went and found here. Yet im in my boxers boots hes in his shorts and a tee-shirt and its 27 out. There Always has to be a story that's it and it was on his MARINE CORP Birthday

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom